Haxton

Looking for a pain clinic (Migraine patient)

Hello^^

Due to the fact the amount of my migraine-attacks within a month has increased on average, within the last yearm

I am looking for a solid place where I can let check up the status of my migraine and potentially let me subscribe some prevention-meds.

Does anyone know a sold place where migraine patients can seek for help?

Best Regards,

Haxton

Can't actually answer your question but getting serious pain meds here can be difficult.  Not all doctors can prescribe them.  Takes a special script.  I found that half a vicodin will knock off my (now rare) migraine in about 30 minutes.  I've built up a small stash from home, of course it's getting hard to get it there also.   But again, not easy to get here even for valid pain issues.  

So, point of this post is if you haven't tried dolcet (tramadol) it might be worth a shot.  Supposed to be by prescription.  Sometimes mercury asks for a prescription, sometimes not.  Watson's has never asked for it.  

• Like 1

@rfm010:

Thanks for your hint, but in fact for maigrene-patients there are already very effective meds around the "triptane-family".
Triptane is also working for me excellent and is specially developed for maigrenes (does not work with any other form of headache, other than cluster ) and does not only remove reliable the pain which is only one symptome of maigrenes, but also other symptomes, such as "light sensitivity", feeling sick, etc.

The thing is that you should not take triptanes more than 6-8 times/month in order to not be in danger of developing a tolerance to triptan.

As every maigrene patient I am tracking the amount of monthly attacks and within the least 6 months it has been increased from 2-3 per month to 5-7.

At this point it is adviced to consult an expert and also include at least temporarily some "prevention-med" (betablockers are usually the most common one).

Im writing all that down , since although I heavily appreciate your effort in providing adivce, your hints are actually not the common therapy for maigrene patients and in case there might be here a silent reader who suffers maigrene and is considering to sart treatment, I am heavily advicing to start at first with the common therapy and it special designed meds (for attacks usually triptans).

Still, thanks a lot for your post and i also will mention your adivces to the doctor I will decide finally to go to:)

Thank you!

14 hours ago, RogerDat said:

My mom had these. I found this doctor. Hope you find relief.

http://www.chonghua.com.ph/index.php/search/physician/bio/284

Thanks a lot man:)

I think that this might work - she is supposed to be a neurologist and usually these type of experts are anyways the "number 1 adress' for maigrene patients.

I think I will go with her and will make as soon as possible an appointment -thanks again:)

Have you had some one check on your spinal alignment, especially around the neck?

• Like 1

Hi everyone, i find when i come to the Phills my migraines increase, i found out that msg can cause them, most people there still cook with msg there, I did some research and there is evidence there is that msg can cause migraine.

Here in Australia msg is banned and also from food products.  

• Thanks 1

If someone has a known sensitivity to MSG, they should be careful about the food they eat.  Glutamates are found in a lot of food items, and it is better to assume that MSG is in the food items and not trust the misconception it is banned.  

Glutamate is glutamate, regardless of the source.  

6 minutes ago, Jawny said:

not trust the misconception it is banned.  

It definitely is NOT banned here .   But is banned in the US

Magic Sarap is a very popular seasoning here. It contains msg.

MAGIC SARAP BANNED IN UNITED STATES

Posted by Christian O. Gelotin | Nov. 30, 2015, 4:06 p.m.

Did You Know? Magic Sarap banned in United States

Report that product will be banned in the United States due to cardiovascular health problems and other related diseases as a result of the ingredients in Magic Sarap.

I threw half of my drawer full of magic sarap packet which I brought home every year from the Philippines as a precaution. “Magic Sarap banned in United States” – Klimmy Gaviola

Magic sarap is not banned in the USA for msg content. It is the chicken fat used as an ingredient which is restricted by the USA FDA. 

I don’t want to keep the thread straying from original intent, but did want to offer information related to what has been posted about MSG.

• Thanks 1

Jawny- thanks for the correction .  I accept the fact that Magic sarap was not banned because it contains msg.  Never the less it does contain msg, so there can be no misconception that msg is banned in the Philippines.

maggi-magic-sarap

As its name implies, it will make your cooking more delectable. Maybe its not true if your a cooking newbie but such thing is not necessary for a cooking master. Its like the flavor enhancer MSG of Ajinomoto but this Magic Sarap contains more. Lets find out.

Iodized Salt. Obviously, its a salt enriched with iodine. It is used to fight iodine deficiency. Government mandated its use for food preparations.

Monosodium Glutamate. A sodium salt of the naturally occurring non-essential amino acid glutamic acid. Use as a food additive and is commonly marketed as a flavour enhancer. Monosodium glutamate include Ajinomoto, Vetsin, and Accent. It was once predominantly made from wheat gluten, but is now mostly made from bacterial fermentation. It has the so called umami taste. MSG is perfectly safe according long series of studies.

Sugar. The popular table sugar from sugar cane. The standard for industry use is the white or refined sugar. It can be brown sugar or sugar substitute if properly specified.

Chicken Fat. It is a by product of chicken processing. Noted for being high in linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid. Linoleic acid levels are between 17.9% and 22.8%. Don’t be confused. Omega-6 tend to promote heart disease, a reverse effect of omega-3 fatty acid.

Flavor Enhancer. A general term. Anything added to food which helps improve flavor. Its too many, it can be natural or synthetic.

Edited by Davaoeno