alexXx

Accomodations costs, internet and Nightlife advice for Cebu

Hello Guys, i'm new in the forum, my name's Alex, i'm 21 y o, i'm from Italy and i'm a scuba diver addicted, i was been in Thailand with a friend and i definetly fell in love with SEA...

Me and my friend are planning to live for a While in the Philippines, what we are looking for is:

- Cheap Price

- Almost 5 Mbps connection (Uncapped)

- Beaches in the nearby for Snorkeling/ Scuba Diving opportunities

- A Little bit of Nightlife (place similar to Koh Samui or Phuket are perfect)

- We're young, so, girls are not a problem even in Europe, so i don't think that this parameters is too much important in the Philippines, because as i read on the web, it's not hard to date with a filipina, but anyway we'd like to date with girls.

- A Bed, A/C, and maybe a place where we can find Western food

That's it... We were interested in Davao,  but the nightlife scene seems to sucks ( disco and bar closed at 1 am), so, we're looking for another place to stay, we're open to suggestions.

For what i've read on the web, Cebu seems to fit well our needs, i have some questions rn:

For a normal life (going out 3/4 times a week in the evening and just drink 2/3 beers in a bar), eat in some restaurants 3/4 times a week (cheap restaurant), date with some filipinas girls (no hookers),  use public transportation, and eat at home the most of the times by cooking for himself, have a quite good internet connection, and maybe live in a cheap condo near the city center, with 2 rooms and 2 bedroom, by dividing the costs with my friend, in your opinion is possible to  live with  1000$/person monthly? While trying to save as much as possible

I searched some condos on Airbnb and it seems to be quite expensive respect to Davao, it's hard to find a monthly rent for less than 700$ Monthly near the city center (i'm looking for a place in the nearby of Mango Square ((5/10 kms from there)). Can someone give me some advice to find cheaper places to stay? we're minimalist, so we just need internet, a kitchen, and  2 bedroom, how's the average price for a place like that?

We're pretty adactative, so, if we can save money, we can consider other options... 

Thanks in advice for your suggestions/answer

With that small of a budget I'd suggest Puerto Galera/Sabang. Lots of good diving, cheaper rentals and a party on the beach most nights. Also easy to run up to Manila for a couple nights if you need a taste of city life. Internet speed might  be a problem though.

i agree with Alfred...and also be cautious of whom you hang out with sometimes looks cud be decieving 

21 hours ago, LechonBuddha said:

With that small of a budget I'd suggest Puerto Galera/Sabang. Lots of good diving, cheaper rentals and a party on the beach most nights. Also easy to run up to Manila for a couple nights if you need a taste of city life. Internet speed might  be a problem though.

Wow, i thought that Philippines are Cheaper than Thailand, when i was in Pattaya i spent about 1000/1100$ at month and i've never cooked  a single meal for myself, and i went out all the evenings more or less, so, definetly not a "conservative" lifestyle.... my thoughts are that i could afford to live there with 1000$ month with a stable and less "party-based" lifestyle, but i was wrong... hard to hear that :( , btw,  what's the ideal budget for a lifestyle like the one i've described in the original post? I've also seen that if i go outside the  centre of the city, just 10 kms from Mango Avenue and IT, i could spend about 300$ for month in a furnished condos, so where are the remaining costs that maybe i don't even know? 

2 hours ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

Never ever hang out with anyone below 20 years old.

Why??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alexXx said:

Wow, i thought that Philippines are Cheaper than Thailand, when i was in Pattaya i spent about 1000/1100$ at month and i've never cooked  a single meal for myself

Last time I was in Pattaya, I spent $1000 USD in a week. Cost to live is all relative.

BTW, :party0023: :welcome2:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Paul said:

Last time I was in Pattaya, I spent $1000 USD in a week. Cost to live is all relative.

BTW, :party0023: :welcome2:

Thank you, 

Yes of course cost to live is all relative, but, this depends by where you are, in Thailand for sure a western guy in Pattaya could live with 800$ month if he wants (obviously not a confortable life), but, below that amount is really really really hard, i think that 800$monthly is the minimum for Western in Pattaya, so, what's the minimun in Cebu?

• Like 1

More then what u spend in Pattaya but simular to the prices in Phuket.

Mind u Pattaya is one of the lowest priced beach location in Thailand Cebu isnt one of the lowest priced beach areas in the Phillipines.

I would say Cebu is less expensive then Phuket and slightly pricier then Pattaya 

On 11/2/2017 at 5:49 PM, alexXx said:

I searched some condos on Airbnb and it seems to be quite expensive respect to Davao, it's hard to find a monthly rent for less than 700$ Monthly near the city center (i'm looking for a place in the nearby of Mango Square ((5/10 kms from there)). Can someone give me some advice to find cheaper places to stay? we're minimalist, so we just need internet, a kitchen, and  2 bedroom, how's the average price for a place like that?

We're pretty adactative, so, if we can save money, we can consider other options... 

Arcenas in Banilad in Cebu City has 2 bedrooms with kitchen for P22,000 per month. That is about usd $450. Utilities are extra. It is within the 5/10km radius you are seeking but Banilad has it's own entertainment and many long term expats hang out in multiple locations in Banilad instead of venturing to Mango.

http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=18

I am not sure why you need a kitchen though. There are so many places to eat very cheap that you may never be bothered using your kitchen.

I stay at the Cebu Century Hotel Downtown. Across from the hotel is the Filipino restaurant Patay Gutom (Death of Hunger). Filipino size meals cost about P45. I eat double and am as full as a fat girls sock on P90. At night, food vendors set up on the road in front of the Cebu Century. They sell Balut,tempura, fried chicken, rice, noodles, soup, boiled chicken eggs, corn on the cob and more. Fried chicken is P15 per piece. Boiled eggs are P8. There are lots of other cheap food deals around Cebu City like that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, alexXx said:

so, what's the minimun in Cebu?

The minimum I would want to live on in Cebu City is about P38,500 or about usd $770. The minimum I could live on in Cebu City would be about P13,000 or about usd $260.