Roble Shipping - Cebu to Naval, Back?

aaa.png

What does "Blessed Only" mean?

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

You get a life jacket.

• Haha 1

Roble Shipping - Cebu to Naval, Back?

Looks, from this link, like they are just starting their 3 day a week schedule this month.  Hope they can keep it up.  Never know when they are gonna change their mind or cancel a trip.

https://tourism.biliranisland.com/shippingschedule.php

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I think it means only MV BLESSED Stars has business and VIP accommodation and the ship they are planning to run, M/V Ocean Stars is a small ship without those cabins.  So I guess they are saying you can only get the VIP cabins on the odd day they run the MV Blessed Stars.  But that's just my opinion.  

• Thanks 1

I don't have a clue what any of it means,  I was not even sure they were running the service again.

Thanks but I will still go via Ormoc. 

Supercat or OceanJet Cebu City to Ormoc City. The van to Naval is waiting at the pier when you get off the fast ferry.

14 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I think it means only MV BLESSED Stars has business and VIP accommodation and the ship they are planning to run, M/V Ocean Stars is a small ship without those cabins.  So I guess they are saying you can only get the VIP cabins on the odd day they run the MV Blessed Stars.  But that's just my opinion.  

...and you are probably correct.

• Thanks 1

A few weeks ago we got a new boat from Lite Shipping. Guided tour of a very nice clean boat, even free phone chargers. Compliments of the mayor and a friend getting it organized. They were only picking up around 40 passengers and were surprised to find out that they bring in goods but nothing goes back from Naval with the exception of old glass bottles.

Now Lite Shipping has disappeared and Roble is back but three times a week instead of two.

Last time I took the VIP accommodation on Roble a rat as big as a small cat came out from under the bed. Take my tip, don't leave food around. Also double check your ticket. They sold ours twice and four of us were waiting for two beds.

Air Juan has not been seen flying into Catmon for the past few weeks. Again a supply but no demand. So few passengers they flew a helicopter in for one person. I direct flight from Mactan taking 40 minutes is now P2380

Ormoc is as usual. No more free VHire trips if you buy a 2Go ticket. Port authority has tightened up on parking. You can longer leave your vehicle overnight and give security a "bonus".

Other news: Citi Hardware are building a very big store. They were asked to build and construct drainage at the same time. With recent rains houses opposite were all flooded out and construction was suspended. 

Nobody has been shot in Naval these past few weeks but there is still trouble brewing and it's not over.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, hyaku said:

Also double check your ticket. They sold ours twice and four of us were waiting for two beds.

If you pay for tickets in advance, be sure to arrive and check in at the port one hour before scheduled departure. If you don't check in an hour early, sometimes certain shipping companies will assume you're not coming and re-sell your seats to travelers who show up and purchase their tickets less than an hour before departure. So those who pay in advance and wait until the last minute to check in, will sometimes be in for an unpleasant surprise. Typically it only happens when a vessel is "sold out" and there are still people wanting tickets, though.

2 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

If you pay for tickets in advance, be sure to arrive and check in at the port one hour before scheduled departure. If you don't check in an hour early, sometimes certain shipping companies will assume you're not coming and re-sell your seats to travelers who show up and purchase their tickets less than an hour before departure. So those who pay in advance and wait until the last minute to check in, will sometimes be in for an unpleasant surprise. Typically it only happens when a vessel is "sold out" and there are still people wanting tickets, though.

I bought our tickets one month in advance. Checked in early, boarded the boat and put our bags on the beds. Then somebody turned up who had bought identical numbers two days before departure. They don't know the meaning of sold out. There are even people that come on board with a bedroll knowing they won't have bed but are allowed to board anyway.