On 11/12/2017 at 4:49 AM, Thomson said:

Yeah Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has gone up quite a bit but Bitcoin will go back up as well... this is a healthy correction, and it's a good time to buy.

I'm lucky I got free BCH in August this year, as everyone did who was holding BTC, and seems like it's going through the roof now, it's worth more than $50,000 now. It went up 500% this month and might be going up even more as it seems.

thompson you deserve everything you make you were a believer early especially people like me were telling you different

3 minutes ago, billy said:

thompson you deserve everything you make you were a believer early especially people like me were telling you different

Not too late to get in on bitcoin, or other cryptocurrencies. I did. What the heck. It's not like I'm putting a million bucks into it.

• Like 1

Bitcoin Plunges 29% From Record High

By 
Justina Lee
 and 
Yuji Nakamura
November 13, 2017, 10:05 AM GMT+8 Updated on November 13, 2017, 12:28 PM GMT+8

While bitcoin cash surged over the weekend, it hasn’t been a straight line up. The cryptocurrency was trading at $1,325 at 11:53 a.m. in Hong Kong, down from a high of about $2,478 on Sunday, Coinmarketcap.com prices show.

Bitcoin has been similarly volatile; it initially rose after news that it would avoid another split, but the gains were short-lived. It’s now trading at $5,948 after touching a record $7,882 on Wednesday.

Just now, Davaoeno said:

Bitcoin Plunges 29% From Record High

It's dropped before, yet ultimately ended up over $7,000 US. That's a hell of a climb, from $.39¢ US. years ago.

This 29% plunge is just a correction. It's not the first time it happened, and it won't be the first time it goes back up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thomson said:

Back up 18% today, but some people prefer to only point out the negatives for some reason. 

Hi Thomson, can you explain what Bitcoin Gold is and your thoughts about its future?  

Thanks. Ozepete

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozepete said:

Hi Thomson, can you explain what Bitcoin Gold is and your thoughts about its future?  

Thanks. Ozepete

I don't really see any direct purpose for Bitcoin Gold compared to Bitcoin classic. Bitcoin Cash on the other hand might be useful in the future because it is like an improved version of Bitcoin classic. 

I do think Bitcoin Gold can be a good investment right now. As you can see, even a forked version of Bitcoin which is called Bitcoin Cash which has no direct purpose for now has gone up quite a bit in price this month (from $300 to $1500), and I wouldn't be surprised if Bitcoin Gold one day will do the same, but the problem right now is that there's not many exchanges who accept Bitcoin Gold as of today, but that can change soon or later whenever someone finds a good purpose for it, then it just needs to hit the media and more exchanges will start adopting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All right guys, we're back at $7250. After Bitcoin hit the all time high last week of $7900, and the news came out about the cancellation of the Segwit2x fork, the price crashed towards $5500. 

I'll admit it, yes I squeezed my butt cheeks together a bit and was holding my chair tight, it was quite a ride. Now that we have climbed back up it seems like $10,000 is back in sight and i'm pretty sure we'll be hitting that soon.

$5500 was a good time to buy, but if the prices had dropped even more it could have easily gone down to $4500, but that is too late now. It seems like the uptrend is confirmed again and we will hit a new all time high very soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1