Does anyone have current information on the washed out bridges and spillways in Dumaguete ? And are the roads in downtown flooded ? And traffic conditions with all those bridges out ? 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Does anyone have current information on the washed out bridges and spillways in Dumaguete ? And are the roads in downtown flooded ? And traffic conditions with all those bridges out ? 

Thank you

Downtown is not flooded. The downtown bridges are not effected, except they are very congested due to the outer spillways being closed. Traffic downtown is not terrible, once you get there. Traffic in and out of town is moving slowly, but it is moving.

51 minutes ago, shadow said:

Downtown is not flooded. The downtown bridges are not effected, except they are very congested due to the outer spillways being closed. Traffic downtown is not terrible, once you get there. Traffic in and out of town is moving slowly, but it is moving.

Thank you. I just don't want to add to the congestion by going to town if we don't have to. 

1 hour ago, Semper paratus said:

Thank you. I just don't want to add to the congestion by going to town if we don't have to. 

I never go to town if I don't absolutely have to!

Edited by shadow

Ocoy bridge is still underwater and impassable.  Backhoes are digging it out as we speak.

Banica is sort of passable if ya wanna risk it.  Trucks are fine - light motors maybe not.  Locals are digging out all the gravel and sand.  Woo hoo!

Edit: Woops, Batinguel bridge over Banica is gone.  Swept away like so many Philippine dreams....  The eastern one tween Palinpanon and Valencia road is the one that is semi-passable.  

Edited by Irenicus

Nothing new for Dumaguete. This video is of same area over 5 years ago...

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2