turbo black

Emigration Clearance Certificate

Back in 2014 i took my family and departed the philippines. i was on a 13a visa and had been there for 7 years.my question is i never got a exit clearence certificate and no one asked me for one upon departure. well i have a problem whenever i try to return to the philippines?

I expect at least one issue will be the need to pay for the annual reports you’ve missed.  

Is your ACR card still current?  That may be an issue if it has expired..

i thought I read some posts a while back related to this issue.  Maybe a check of the archives will help. 

• Like 1

Are you coming back long term?  If not you may want to drop the 13A anyway in favor of the BB if your wife is traveling with you.  If you want to keep the 13A I'd check with your local RP embassy to see if yours is still good.  If not and you want to reapply, do it at the embassy before returning to the RP.  If it's still ok you'll want to catch up your ARs immediately on return.

We left 2 years ago also, and I just ditched my ACR when we got back. My 13!-A would have expired this year. I'll have a new passport when we go back and wife will be, so yeah, I'll just BB it for the couple months we're there.

thank you for your input,i guess the best way is to go to the philippine embassy in washington dc and ask them for another 13a.although getting a BB visa and leaving every year to hong kong is a good idea.can you do this for as many years as you stay?

1 hour ago, turbo black said:

thank you for your input,i guess the best way is to go to the philippine embassy in washington dc and ask them for another 13a.although getting a BB visa and leaving every year to hong kong is a good idea.can you do this for as many years as you stay?

Yes, as long as you come back in with your wife each time, you will get the stamp each time and it will be good for one year each time. The Balikbayan privilege is a good way to go but airlines may still make you have an onward or return ticket because most do not know the law, whereas with a 13a you should not have that issue come up.

What does an ecc for 13a visas look like, is it a stamp in the passport or a piece of paper?

1 hour ago, Lee said:

What does an ecc for 13a visas look like, is it a stamp in the passport or a piece of paper?

It's just a receipt on paper. You also get an exit stamp in your passport, but that isn't the ECC. Of course, not having to deal with the ECC is one of the advantages of the BB stamp.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Headshot said:

It's just a receipt on paper. You also get an exit stamp in your passport, but that isn't the ECC. Of course, not having to deal with the ECC is one of the advantages of the BB stamp.

What about the reentry permit, is that registered on the smart chip on the ACR or also just the receipt ?

28 minutes ago, Woolf said:

What about the reentry permit, is that registered on the smart chip on the ACR or also just the receipt ?

The receipt has four line items on it.

ECC                                   700p

Head Tax                         250p

RP/SRC Fee                  1400p

Legal Research Fee         30p

Total                             2,380p

I have no idea if they record anything on your ACR-I card chip, or even if they have that capability.

• Like 1