AlGae

Flood Prone?

I plan to drive this Friday from Mactan to Moalboal to break in my new Miata.

But since "Odette" is coming, my question is whether the roads and areas on the way to Moalboal are prone to high floods?

I'd hate for my new car to get flood soaked!

Yes , how horrible it would be if your new car that you just bought and haven't even broken in yet because it is a new car  got into a high flood .

Might I suggest that if you come across a flooded area while driving your new car do NOT drive through the flood.  That should keep your new car  dry. ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for sarcastic advice; feel better now?

Depends on your definition of flooded.

in my multi-cab I consider a puddle a flood enough to stall out the engine.     If I had a Hummer I would probably not consider a flood about a meter deep.  

Just remember to bring an umbrella to hold out the window to keep the top of the car dry.   Filipino’s and Filipino cars are scared of rain.

• Haha 2

Also remember, some of these "puddles" are actually deep drainage pits being constructed but no pipe is installed yet. If you come across a pool of water, wait and see if a taxi, or other vehicle goes thru OK. Good luck.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 2

I have seen potholes on that road big enough for your Miata to disappear into. :lol:

• Like 1

SRP was quite flooded with one bagyo but I made it w small bike 'cause last day of visa, driving to old BI.

After SRP no problem. Ronda always has standing water when raining but no deep pools.

Miata so cool but so small :welcome:

I now drive a truck because I was tired of the heavy rain flood deal and even then its seems almost flooded as a person who once had a flooded car don't the electronics will NEVER be the same 

3 hours ago, hyaku said:

I have seen potholes on that road big enough for your Miata to disappear into. :lol:

Yeah, I'll keep the lights on so no one drops in on me if I get swallowed up by a pot/sink hole.

• Like 1