A cousin of her indoors wants to open a shop selling clothes, her plan is to buy bundles from another shop.  That's expensive so I think she should buy from a wholesaler, does anyone know where any wholesalers are located?

Depends on what you mean by Wholesaler - had a friend who had a shop way up north - would come in every other week to stock up  - then go to North Terminal to have shipped  via van - 4 hour time

Many located in Colon Street area around E-mall. 30 to 50% off on volume purchases - 5 + pieces

Take with a grain of salt https://yellowpages.cybo.com/PH/cebu-city/wholesale-of-clothing-and-textiles/

Thank you Lamoe.  If say 500kg was required it's best to go to a bulk seller, the people that supply the shops.

A cousin of her indoors wants to open a shop selling clothes, her plan is to buy bundles from another shop.  That's expensive so I think she should buy from a wholesaler, does anyone know where any wholesalers are located?

Buyer beware

Ukay Ukay.... bought in bundles, you get a random assortment of clothes.... as usual, mainly womens clothes, Korean is popular.... the bundles are graded .... a is best ....and so on.... most in Cebu buy b or c

google.... ukay ukay manila... there used to be dozens of suppliers .... 

depends also on size of shop she wants to open... if small.... then perhaps better to do a deal with a local shop.... buy either bundles, or stock from them.... most small stores have very small markup.... but because as in other business they do not put an hourly rate on there working time... they are prepared to work on small margins.

my lady had 2 stores.... took me ages to convince her there was no money in it....

good luck

• Like 1

I live in Leyte, and Cebu is close enough that we have considered setting up a clothing sales, but not used clothing.  We haven’t decided yet about this, but one of the BIL would set up a store front in a small market nearby and sell clothing he’d get from discount shops in Cebu.  It’s a lot more cost to set up, but has a greater potential for profit.  As well, he'd sell other items such as beauty products and such.

Second hand clothes stores are popular, but very little gain to be had.

• Like 2

My friend bought only  new and was in the process of setting up  in addition to her Net Cafe

I like to think she also liked visiting me :1frog:

Any buisness is all profit as long as you use OPM.     Other peoples money 

• Haha 1

There‘s classA, classB, classC, from US, Japan, Korea. One bundle for shirts, another bundle for pants etc.. If she sells retail, double the price for each item, the remainders at cost then buy another bundle.. I would suggest she sell bundles, not per piece(chump change).

I don't think she has the money to buy enough bundles for that, i think she'll start with a couple of bundles to spread out on tables and see how it goes.  I agree that selling bundles is better, a lot less work for a start.  

I'm not going to get involved financially, just try and steer her a bit.

I'm not going to get involved financially, just try and steer her a bit.

Either way, she will blame you when she fails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1