Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest billygoat

College Costs

15 posts in this topic

How much does it cost to send a Filipina to college in Cebu?

I fully supported a Filipina last semester, paying 100% of her expenses, and I kept track of everything. Here are the actual numbers (as opposed to

Yeah...

That sounds about right... only diff between your numbers and the ones I have... is I make the kids get a job while at school... and the match what they bring in for 'additional / daily / extras / ( family )'...

That last bit seems to bring the 'extras' down... since they know there is a minimum amount they need to make and its not all a free ride... but then again, they also know I add whats saved back in for XMas etc. stuff for them and their family... ;-)

Still really cheap compared to e.g. trying to help someone in the US or Europe...

Michael

I paid $40 USD per each semester, for a weekend class and $50 per semester for expenses, for a friend in Cebu. This is for a saturday-only class.

Now, which one of you is gonna to pay for my schoolin' ? Coz I'z ben told I needs edumicatin'. :)

This is nice to know :)

But for us...that will take a while, our guy is not getting further then the playroom in Ayala.

But I have now a line what we will have to pay in the future ( + 40%) or something like that.

thanx

I just had my g/f check out the cost of courses in the different colleges in Cebu

an example of the differences

Hotel and Resturaunt management course at the San Carlos college PHP23,000

The same course at the University of Cebu PHP12,413..

Not sure why the difference, maybe one trains you for Mcdonalds

She also has to be of good moral character which I guess rules out a career in politics for her

Does anyone know if the colleges have dormitories on site or do you need to look elsewhere for accomadation?

I fully supported a Filipina last semester, paying 100% of her expenses, and I kept track of everything. Here are the actual numbers (as opposed to

Does anyone know if the colleges have dormitories on site or do you need to look elsewhere for accomadation?

There is none but there are a lot of boarding houses within walking distance surrounding most

universities/colleges.

Now, which one of you is gonna to pay for my schoolin' ? Coz I'z ben told I needs edumicatin'. :biggrin_01:

I was about to ask same question though! LOL Paul, if you need a suga momma to pay for your education, well don't look at me, I got the coupon here though for free meals! LOL :biggrin_01:

But then I rather study in Manila than here in Cebu.

Dunno about the quality of education here but I met some college students/graduates from here they don't have any idea on the new advanced tech and the tuition fee here is expensive compare if you will attend a state university in Manila.

Edited by vampy_lane

I Dunno about the quality of education here but I met some college students/graduates from here they don't have any idea on the new advanced tech

I know alot of people like that in the US :biggrin_01: . They have big degrees and they are the ones flipping burgers at McDonalds. And they don't even have a clue about stuff. It's a wonder they even graduated. I think some of it has to do with how much an individual applies themself during the education process. And some of it also does depend on the institution.

It's one of the problems in deciding where to send her. I don't want to pay the money and find out she is learning on windows 95. Nor do I want her to go to Manilla.

We shall see how the first semester goes

I know alot of people like that in the US :biggrin_01: . They have big degrees and they are the ones flipping burgers at McDonalds. And they don't even have a clue about stuff. It's a wonder they even graduated. I think some of it has to do with how much an individual applies themself during the education process. And some of it also does depend on the institution.