Sooner or later (probably later) I would need to choose one of the visas tabulated below. Don’t really know which visa is best for me but anyone who is using one of those, please comment as to its accuracy of the table as well as pros and cons of any visa (I’m married to a Filipina who will have dual citizenship, US/Phls).

Capture.thumb.PNG.7597b23d29be6cabf80c61ccfa62074e.PNG

Note: "Work" is irrelevant as I will not work in the Philippines when my current visa is terminated.

Edited by miles-high

As long as you travel out at least once a year and will return with your wife, then Balikbayan privilege seems like the best deal, the only issue is that some airlines get pissy about needing a return or onward ticker dated within 30 days but so far by carrying a copy of the law, I have been able to get around that one hassle/obstacle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As long as you travel with Mrs High BB is the way to go.

Has anyone tried a student visa. Enrolled in university. It's something I was thinking of. Maybe learn something. 

Useful table.  Suggested additions:

• What does R/T mean?
  • How much is the travel tax?
  • How much deposit for SRRV visa
  • Tourist visa annual fees

Also.. I don't know if you are planning to have kids.. And since you are both US Citizens it may not matter..  But is there any implications of one visa vs. the other if you have kids. As I think about it..  likely not.. since I assume the child would most likely be born in US.

Edited by to_dave007

@miles-high

there is an error in the table

ECC is after 6 months for tourists

Edited by Paul

38 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Useful table.  Suggested additions:

• What does R/T mean?
  • How much is the travel tax?
  • How much deposit for SRRV visa
  • Tourist visa annual fees

Also.. I don't know if you are planning to have kids.. And since you are both US Citizens it may not matter..  But is there any implications of one visa vs. the other if you have kids. As I think about it..  likely not.. since I assume the child would most likely be born in US.

R/T   need return or onward ticket

travel tax  1620   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/full-travel-tax/

depends, 1st year,  2nd year or 3rd year 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/visa-waiver

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

This weekend my wife and I are off to Malaysia because I have been here for almost 3 years and have to go out of Pi. I still need a onward ticket correct?  Maybe for less hassle from the airlines and immigration its better? We plan on getting a Balikbayan Visa on our return to Cebu.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fordtech said:

This weekend my wife and I are off to Malaysia because I have been here for almost 3 years and have to go out of Pi. I still need a onward ticket correct?  Maybe for less hassle from the airlines and immigration its better? We plan on getting a Balikbayan Visa on our return to Cebu.  

If you enter under Balikbayan Privilege (it isn't a visa), you should not need an onward ticket. The reason behind this, I believe anyway, is not having to book a flight one-year in advance.

You will be entering the country with your wife. But, you still need to request a Balikbayan stamp. Take a copy of your marriage certificate just in case.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fordtech said:

1 minute ago, Paul said:

If you enter under Balikbayan Privilege (it isn't a visa), you should not need an onward ticket. The reason behind this, I believe anyway, is not having to book a flight one-year in advance.

You will be entering the country with your wife. But, you still need to request a Balikbayan stamp. Take a copy of your marriage certificate just in case.

If you have a problem it would come from the airline. I've never bought an "insurance" onward ticket but I do carry a copy of the BB policy. Maybe you could talk to the airline as you check in and have them attach a note to your rez to avoid any potential problems - those being agents unaware of the BB policy.

Marriage Cert is a good idea. I always travel with a copy but am not always asked for it.