On 9/22/2017 at 7:42 AM, Dafey said:

UPDATE: 

I have been in contact with Schwab and apparently it was my fault that I did not update my contact number. the old phone number does not exist anymore and when they tried to contact me red flags went up. My daughter takes care of mail and stuff in the US and I had her number as a secondary. I have updated it to reflect the primary.

The lady I talked to said if I am out of the country for more than a year we need to change it to and international account, (which would suck). But I assured her we don't stay that long as you can't find good Buffalo wings here.

Hopefully this satisfies them...let you know.

Schwab lady wrote and told me we are all set and no problem.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, Dafey said:

I've had Schwab for quite a while and very happy with them. However, today I received an email that says I've been using it in Asia a lot and I have 30 days to confirm my address in the states or they will close the account.

Those Schawb assholes wouldn't let me open account from Asia, they force you to visit a location in the US.

OP check out HSBC

Don't tell them you're abroad and you can open it online. The only time I needed paper contact was to add my wife as joit account holder.

Just now, Dafey said:

Don't tell them you're abroad and you can open it online.

I didn't,  the foreign IP address was flagged.

have you used "Tunnel Bear"? I think it's called VPN and makes it look like you're in the states while on the computer.

Ive been using Wells Fargo for about seven years....transfer my retirement from the US to my BPI account...the only draw back Ive found is you have to be in the US to set up the account and Wells Fargo only has banks in the continental US, none in Guam or Hawaii so if something should go wrong and you could not handle it over the phone, you would have to fly back to the US....or put a son, daughter, brother...somebody on the account so they could handle it for you...

I always keep some checks on hand for a emergency as I could do like many here do and just deposit a check in my account here