I've been reading this forum and many of the post are older . I'm banking with Citibank now and there fee between accounts is 35.00 up to 50 thousand dollars a day . I don't think I can do better than that . Any thoughts .

12 minutes ago, papimafioso69 said:

I've been reading this forum and many of the post are older . I'm banking with Citibank now and there fee between accounts is 35.00 up to 50 thousand dollars a day . I don't think I can do better than that . Any thoughts .

Are you referring transferring money from your US Citibank account to your Citibank account in the RP?  $35 for transferring up to $50K?

If you maintain your Citibank account in the U.S. and open a Citibank account in the Philippines (there is one next to Ayala Cebu City), then you can use Citibank® Global Transfers and I believe it is free depending on the type of account you have in both countries, otherwise writing a check and depositing it into any Philippine bank dollar account and waiting for it to clear 21 business days is either free or cost $5 at BPI.

You should also be able to use your Citibank ATM card at a Citibank in the Philippines and supposedly there is no charge.

https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=TravelingAbroad

More than 45,000 Citibank ATMs in over 30 countries. No foreign transaction fees for purchases or withdrawals when you use your Citigold Debit Card in participating countries

Other way to get cash for free, use a Fidelity or Charles Schwab ATM card and they reimburse fees, if any are charged.  

8 hours ago, Lee said:

If you maintain your Citibank account in the U.S. and open a Citibank account in the Philippines (there is one next to Ayala Cebu City), then you can use Citibank® Global Transfers and I believe it is free depending on the type of account you have in both countries, otherwise writing a check and depositing it into any Philippine bank dollar account and waiting for it to clear 21 business days is either free or cost $5 at BPI.

You should also be able to use your Citibank ATM card at a Citibank in the Philippines and supposedly there is no charge.

Other way to get cash for free, use a Fidelity or Charles Schwab ATM card and they reimburse fees, if any are charged.  

Thanks Lee . I have to talk to my Citi banker again . Charles Schwab is a option too. 

• Like 1

I've used personal checks for deposits into my Metrobank account.  There is a fee of $2.50 per check.  Processing takes 30 days (a hold of the funds). Once the hold is finished the funds are available as cash, dollars or pesos (converted at the rate the day I get them). 

1 hour ago, Jawny said:

I've used personal checks for deposits into my Metrobank account.  There is a fee of $2.50 per check.

They charge you $2.50 for the pleasure of them holding your money for a month?  Seriously?  Another reason to avoid Metrobank.

I have HSBC accounts in the USA and in the Philippines.  I can transfer USD from my HSBC savings account in the USA to my Philippine USD account at HSBC with no fees.  I then transfer the USD from my HSBC USD account in to one of my HSBC peso accounts... again no fee.  Then I can use any banks ATM here (I'm in Mindanao)to access my funds... again without any fees.  I do all these transfers online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lee said:

Charles Schwab ATM card and they reimburse fees

I've had Schwab for quite a while and very happy with them. However, today I received an email that says I've been using it in Asia a lot and I have 30 days to confirm my address in the states or they will close the account. 

I'll keep you posted on how it pans out...

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I've had Schwab for quite a while and very happy with them. However, today I received an email that says I've been using it in Asia a lot and I have 30 days to confirm my address in the states or they will close the account. 

Wow. That sucks.

4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Thanks for the heads up, if that is the case, :( then one way to solve that issue might be to have a relative use it once in a while in the U.S. and deposit the money back into another account. This and other issues which might come up, is why I have told people on forums and friends who asked, to have more than one way to get cash, Fidelity has worked well for me and especially at Visa machines such as HSBC but of course we do not live there full time, so if we did, then the same thing might happen. :unsure:  Hope you get it worked out, my way in the past had always been depositing my U.S. check into my Philippine dollar accounts in one of the three bank accounts we had in Cebu

• Like 2