I was wondering, for those that do imbibe, what your preferences were for the times that you do. From occasional or special occasions... to everyday. 
Please...do tell.. :)

San Mig Light, but it is sensitive to sunlight so does not travel well on delivery trucks, so I pick it up from a main ware house outlet. I used to drink regular SM, but it is too hot in Cebu, and it has a heavy taste here to me.

Now where is my reward?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

Now where is my reward?

Your reward, if you choose to accept it, is a self inflicted pat on the back. the duration and enthusiasm of which can be of your own choosing.

I like beer. I started to drink the San Miguel pilsen here but I too found it to heavy if I was having more than one. also seems abit sour if it gets above a certain temp. I have always been an import guy back in the states. Heineken, Becks, St Pauli Girl..
I bought some Heineken here only to see it is made in Singapore and not imported from Germany...kinda bummed me out. I like the San Mig lite ok tho... somehow a really cold beer when I am hot and thirsty quenches that better anything else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Richard K said:

I bought some Heineken here only to see it is made in Singapore and not imported from Germany...kinda bummed me out.

why didn't you try drinking it before getting bummed out ??  

• Haha 1

Just now, Davaoeno said:

why didn't you try drinking it before getting bummed out ??  

oh I did... I never even looked until after I had a couple.. then I wondered why it tasted.."off".. just does not have that bitter hoppsey flavor i was used to and liked about it.

• Like 1

I have found at the pinoy gatherings I have been to that Red Horse and Emperador (and it's bastard brother Fundador) brandy are the drinks of choice. I once brought a bottle of JIm Beam and ended up drinking most of it myself. In the province with my g/f's family it was tuba...some of it was ridiculously strong... it smelled like ass but tasted ... well it kinda tasted like ass also...but it was strong I will give it that..

I like good liquor myself if it is for any serious drinking. A good aged bourbon or scotch are my preferred. But decent vodka is also ok..if it is cold enough.
I do not drink that everyday but when I do I like to have something good.
I generally will have a beer or so before dinner each day.. or a glass or 2 of wine.. (not whine..I come here to get that)
I had a buddy told me beer is the perfect food..after he went through all of his run down he always said.."2 pork chops in every can"... we always clinked cans/bottles and toasted.. for many years....He's dead now.. frigging smoking will probably kill me too bye and bye... I still raise a glass to him though once in a while.. tunnel rat In Vietnam he was... by most standards a crazy mofo.. maybe one of the best friends I ever had.. another toast of his was... "outa the blue inta the black"... that was mostly after he was pretty toasted tho

45 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Emperador (and it's bastard brother Fundador)

Umm...you got that backwards, I think.

1 minute ago, BossHog said:

Umm...you got that backwards, I think.

Really?.. I never have looked into it.. Fundador has a lesser alcohol content I think...is why I said that.. regardless?.. both sweet brandy liqueurs.. not a true brandy liquor as is Hennessy or Courvosier. 

22 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Really?.. I never have looked into it.. 

Fundador is a proper Spanish grape brandy abv 36%.

Emperdor Light is made from sugar cane in d'Phils abv 27.5%.

2 hours ago, Richard K said:

I bought some Heineken here only to see it is made in Singapore and not imported from Germany..

Why would it be imported from Germany? Heineken is a Dutch lager.

• Like 5