smokey

looking for a local that can write an ad

16 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, smokey said:

that would be cool your vast experience as a lawyer give you a gift so few can get ... as well as the quote the pen is mightier  then the sword

be creative, list your reason for selling before the number to text with questions 

4 hours ago, Enuff said:

be creative, list your reason for selling before the number to text with questions 

I tend to think who cares why just how much ... often a person things whats important to them is stupid to others..

Selling things in the Philippines is a whole different ball game than doing it in the West.  I sell lots of stuff online- houses, cars, and a whole host of other things.

Some things you have to get used to :

- no matter how much info you put in the ad they will ask you for the same information again - even the very basic stuff

-no matter if the ad is in English and you answer all texts in English they will continue to text you in  Visayan.

- no matter how cheaply you price something they want a cheaper price

- if the house is 16 M and they only have 4 M they will still want to come and see the house

- they will make an appointment at a time that they set, then an hour after that time text you that they are coming- which  in my experience means that they are just about to have a shower, before having lunch, after which they will head to your place

- as long as they are fine with the  price - if you are financing it they do not care how much interest you charge them !  For cars i usually charge 3% a month and nobody has ever flinched.When buying a house they love Pag-Ibig because even though over 25 years they will pay double for the house they monthly payments are low

-  they have no problem borrowing big money against their house  for a period of years - with absolutely no thought as to how they will repay  the money when the time comes

-even if they have a good salary ie public school teachers, they will never hesitate to go into debt to go visit Boracay or Bohol or Palawan- rather than saving up for the trip. 

- if the loan is over say 5 months then after they make the 3rd payment they will always want to renew it so that they never pay the loan off

One thing you really need to sell stuff here - and one thing that you dont have Robert- is patience !! hehe

3 people like this

11 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

- they will make an appointment at a time that they set, then an hour after that time text you that they are coming- which  in my experience means that they are just about to have a shower, before having lunch, after which they will head to your place

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Ain't it the truth!

1 person likes this

I cant tell you how many times ive seen a car for sale ad and the only description was "very cool aircon" lol

22 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Selling things in the Philippines is a whole different ball game than doing it in the West.  I sell lots of stuff online- houses, cars, and a whole host of other things.

Some things you have to get used to :

- no matter how much info you put in the ad they will ask you for the same information again - even the very basic stuff

-no matter if the ad is in English and you answer all texts in English they will continue to text you in  Visayan.

- no matter how cheaply you price something they want a cheaper price

- if the house is 16 M and they only have 4 M they will still want to come and see the house

- as long as they are fine with the  price - if you are financing it they do not care how much interest you charge them !  For cars i usually charge 3% a month and nobody has ever flinched.When buying a house they love Pag-Ibig because even though over 25 years they will pay double for the house they monthly payments are low

-  they have no problem borrowing big money against their house  for a period of years - with absolutely no thought as to how they will repay  the money when the time comes

-even if they have a good salary ie public school teachers, they will never hesitate to go into debt to go visit Boracay or Bohol or Palawan- rather than saving up for the trip. 

- if the loan is over say 5 months then after they make the 3rd payment they will always want to renew it so that they never pay the loan off

One thing you really need to sell stuff here - and one thing that you dont have Robert- is patience !! hehe

dam you know me well ...One thing you really need to sell stuff here - and one thing that you dont have Robert- is patience !! hehe .. I don't like bullshit ,, the standard reply you get in the PI Is I know a guy who knows a guy who can build this same house for half price... I usually say really want to use my phone to call him ..  or the I really don't like your car or house but I am willing to buy for the right price..  ok give me your number and I call you if I want to sell at your price ... by

10 hours ago, newtocebu said:

I cant tell you how many times ive seen a car for sale ad and the only description was "very cool aircon" lol

would you go look at a car if it said great car low priced NO air con