1 hour ago, Enuff said:

we bought the same in it from an installer advertising on OLX.

p18,000 installed and wired, ready to go.

quiet as a church mouse and colder than a witches fit.

when I'm in country it runs 24/7 @ 24c, otherwise wife uses it on Saturdays only and set at 23c.

very happy with it

Is Saturday when Jack stops by the house?

• Like 2

On 2017-6-19 at 2:43 PM, fordtech said:

I bought a new Matrix 1.5HP split type Aircon off Lazada 2 weeks ago.  It cost 13,999p plus 1130p freight to Ormoc City, Leyte. I installed it myself with some help from my wife in 3 hours and it works great. Everything was included with the unit except for the outside bracket to attach the compressor unit to the house. I bought that also from Lazada for 1,000p and it is stainless steel so it should last forever. I did all the research I could and decided there was no way I was purchasing a high priced inverter unit living here on the island. The sea air plays havoc with everything metal here. It says it uses 940watts so its not to bad in power usage. My bedroom is 25 square meters with a walk in closet and a CR attached and it cools the room perfect. The unit is so quite we both sleep like babies now.  I will buy more for sure. Lazada seems to sell many of these because they seem to go out of stock a lot. I had to wait 2 weeks and checked daily until I could place the order. It arrived in 12 days which I thought was very fast considering it came from Manila. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/matrix-15-hp-split-type-aircon-with-3m-copper-tubing-150214.html

lhttps://www.lazada.com.ph/stainless-l-shape-wall-bracket-for-20hp-25hp-air-condition-13110650.html

0-02-06-1ec3667487d85ba2765ab27c14ba138e9853c46a7bdf638ae263bcf89f486880_full.jpg

Is it  possible to set up one of these to cool two rooms at the same time ?

We use a 1HP window unit to cool a 3 room, 900SF area. we use a fan to help circulate the air, so these should work the same way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RogerDat said:

We use a 1HP window unit to cool a 3 room, 900SF area. we use a fan to help circulate the air, so these should work the same way.

Yeah - that's what we used to do - the problem is getting the children to sleep at night (we have to split them up to quieten them down) now they are a bit older - if they're together or they can hear one another they start to play again - so stops us having the door open of the room that has the air-con in it :highfive:

11 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Is it  possible to set up one of these to cool two rooms at the same time ?

Somebody posted a picture of one of these where half was in one room, and the other half was in another room (through the wall), so yes, they can be used to cool two rooms. However, I don't know how WELL they would cool both rooms, since the sizing is based on the area to be cooled. I suppose as long as you add the area of both rooms when sizing the AC, you would be OK.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

You get minimal success if you run a ceiling fan in reverse in the other room and pull some air in there ....

12 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Somebody posted a picture of one of these where half was in one room, and the other half was in another room (through the wall), so yes, they can be used to cool two rooms. However, I don't know how WELL they would cool both rooms, since the sizing is based on the area to be cooled. I suppose as long as you add the area of both rooms when sizing the AC, you would be OK.

Or run one at a time, as I have been told they have two compressors, unless that one doesn't. :unsure: 

37 minutes ago, Lee said:

Or run one at a time, as I have been told they have two compressors, unless that one doesn't. :unsure: 

Carrier does make a model where one outside compressor supplies up to three different units in different rooms. The temperature of each room can be adjusted individually.

• Like 2

Here is one from koppel

#

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Headshot said:

Carrier does make a model where one outside compressor supplies up to three different units in different rooms. The temperature of each room can be adjusted individually.

I guess since I have 2 Carrier splits and did research on Carriers that must be what I was thinking they are are like. 

• Like 1