I bought a new Matrix 1.5HP split type Aircon off Lazada 2 weeks ago.  It cost 13,999p plus 1130p freight to Ormoc City, Leyte. I installed it myself with some help from my wife in 3 hours and it works great. Everything was included with the unit except for the outside bracket to attach the compressor unit to the house. I bought that also from Lazada for 1,000p and it is stainless steel so it should last forever. I did all the research I could and decided there was no way I was purchasing a high priced inverter unit living here on the island. The sea air plays havoc with everything metal here. It says it uses 940watts so its not to bad in power usage. My bedroom is 25 square meters with a walk in closet and a CR attached and it cools the room perfect. The unit is so quite we both sleep like babies now.  I will buy more for sure. Lazada seems to sell many of these because they seem to go out of stock a lot. I had to wait 2 weeks and checked daily until I could place the order. It arrived in 12 days which I thought was very fast considering it came from Manila. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/matrix-15-hp-split-type-aircon-with-3m-copper-tubing-150214.html

lhttps://www.lazada.com.ph/stainless-l-shape-wall-bracket-for-20hp-25hp-air-condition-13110650.html

0-02-06-1ec3667487d85ba2765ab27c14ba138e9853c46a7bdf638ae263bcf89f486880_full.jpg

• Like 1

How long are the refrigerant lines?   I am assuming the units and line sets are pre-charges so you don't need to have someone come in to charge it.

i know one other member who recently got one and also speaks highly about it.

3 minutes ago, Soarking said:

How long are the refrigerant lines?

If you try take the link provided you will know

Product details of Matrix 1.5 HP Split Type Aircon with 3m Copper Tubing

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fordtech said:

The unit is so quite we both sleep like babies now.

Good information and thanks for posting.  The only negative I see is that it is so quite. I sleep better with the white noise of the fan than without it in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fordtech said:

Everything was included with the unit except for the outside bracket to attach the compressor unit to the house. I bought that also from Lazada for 1,000p and it is stainless steel so it should last forever.

Doubtful... even stainless steel will rust in marine environments. Perhaps if it was made from 304L, 316L or even 317L stainless steel, you'd have a fighting chance... :cry:

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 2

So you did the vacuum test and charging? Where did you get the equipment and Freon?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

So you did the vacuum test and charging? Where did you get the equipment and Freon?

I was wondering about that also.     Years ago I installed a small split unit in my house and the  units, (both compressor and fan coil) as well as the line sets were pre-charged from the factory.   There was a copper seal on each end of the lines as well the units.  When you tightened the line sets to the units it punchered the seals charging the unit.   

8 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

So you did the vacuum test and charging?

300 microns for a vacuum is good, no vacuum could lead to some problems for sure , not to mention your system is never going to operate at it's full capacity , which in the Philippines is live-able because it isn't such a harsh ambient temperature , @Ozepete and I usually stay away from these ones because it always ends in a bun fight ... but both of us do this shit for a living....:wheel:

• Like 3

The only new equipment install I did was back in 2001. I had forgotten about the new features, I will look it up on GOOGLE as my ac book barely mentions it.

6 minutes ago, oztony said:

...@Ozepete and I usually stay away from these ones because it always ends in a bun fight ... but both of us do this shit for a living....:wheel:

"both of us do this shit for a living"  What! You post on LinC? Does it pay well?...:P

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2