JohnSurrey

Annuities in Philippines ?

36 posts in this topic

Anyone direct me to a site or company offering annuities here ?

Why would you want an annuity? It's a high commission product in a low interest environment 

5 people like this

The only people who like annuity are those who sell them and skim all the cream off the top.

when I was getting ready to finally retire a smooth talking salesman, (who i could tell had no idea what he was selling) tried to convince me that when I retired to take all my 401-K money and  roll it into an annuity.   He happened to be a " friend of the family" who was just trying to "help me".

2 people like this

1 hour ago, billy said:

Why would you want an annuity? It's a high commission product in a low interest environment 

25 minutes ago, Soarking said:

The only people who like annuity are those who sell them and skim all the cream off the top.

when I was getting ready to finally retire a smooth talking salesman, (who i could tell had no idea what he was selling) tried to convince me that when I retired to take all my 401-K money and  roll it into an annuity.   He happened to be a " friend of the family" who was just trying to "help me".

01/  No criticism of others investments, strategies or tactics.

02/  No comments on how others treat their tax liabilities if any. 

03/  ACTIVE Investors only.

04/  This is a forum to share experience and 'know how' in terms of what on-line facilities to use, how they work and problems encountered and over come.

05/ Jurisdictions and how to overcome the difficulties of getting on line.

06/ No one has to share strategy or tactics, so if asked and they say no thanks, then it is a done deal.

07/  This is not a forum for professional financial advise, if you need that then engage a qualified financial advisor.

08/  Never invest what you cannot afford to lose.

09/  If you follow another investors path and it goes wrong it is your responsibility and not theirs.

10/  Investments can go Up as well as Down and Down as well as UP.

10 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

03/  ACTIVE Investors only.

oh sorry, i was just thinking about investing but i am not yet an ACTIVE  investor so I will follow the rules and not post .  Other than the stated 10 forum rules are there any other rules i should be aware of before i can post here ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sometimes people do not want good sound advice , and when that is established it is perhaps just better to leave them to their own individual train of thoughts , no better lessons are learned in this life than when you are departed from your hard earned money...

Manulife is one thing that I have been approached about on several occasions in the PI , but I have managed to resist all temptation to this point.....

Edited by oztony
1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, oztony said:

Manulife is one thing that I have been approached about on several occasions in the PI , but I have managed to resist all temptation to this point.....

I've looked at several and they are all junk compared to what is available in the western world. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, oztony said:

Sometimes people do not want good sound advice , and when that is established it is perhaps just better to leave them to their own individual train of thoughts , no better lessons are learned in this life than when you are departed from your hard earned money...

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

oh sorry, i was just thinking about investing but i am not yet an ACTIVE  investor so I will follow the rules and not post .  Other than the stated 10 forum rules are there any other rules i should be aware of before i can post here ?

I dunno - I know you have to pay for adverts - maybe Paul can tell you

17 minutes ago, Soarking said:

Now that is the best advice you will ever get about investing in the Philippines...😀

1 person likes this

Annuities have their place for some of us, while they are not a great investment, they do give some of us peace of mind, I know it does for my wife and I.

There used to be a member of this forum Mayen, I do not remember her forum name, she used to be the manager of Bank of Commerce on the circle, she went to work for an insurance company and last time my wife and I spoke to her, she seemed very knowledgeable about Philippine annuities so she might be able to help anyone interested in them, if anyone wants her contact information then send me a private message and I will be happy to provide it.

1 person likes this