PhilsFan

LinC guide to stopping the terrorists in Philippines

On 6/3/2017 at 11:39 PM, PhilsFan said:

Just a few of my thoughts...some may be ineffective but you have to start somewhere. Anbody else have some good ideas?

I can't say anything, but, it's a hell of a shame that humans are still doing this to each other, in 2017. Of course, "The war to end all wars," was fought from 1914 to 1918. Otherwise known as World War I.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

What are you - some kind of caveman ??

worse? We don't survive by being nice to our enemies.

I see nothing wrong with people killing each other, but terrorism and crazy traditionalist beliefs are threatening modern societies including their own, not just individual lives - that's far worse than conventional war.

Extreme measures to extreme threats.

Give them the jolo islands ....if you want to be radical then boot them onto their home turf with their own jolo passport not philllipines.

This will be a big step in the right direction if President Duterte follows through with it. 

Duterte to form ‘Moro country’

President Rodrigo Duterte has promised to establish a “Bangsamoro country” in a bid to bring peace to Mindanao, where government troops are battling the Islamic State-linked Maute group.

Duterte gave the assurance as he formally received the final draft of the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) during a ceremony in Malacañang on Monday

In his speech, the President said the Moro people will have a Bangsamoro country of their own in Mindanao during his term.

“I am for this — within the context of the Republic of the Philippines, there shall be a Bangsamoro country,” the President said.

“This will be realized while preserving and strengthening the territorial integrity of the Republic of the Philippines,” he added.

Duterte also promised to shephered the Bangsamoro measure in congress.

“I commit to support my covenant with you that I will support and husband this instrument as it goes in the legislator for its consideration. And there will be no objections of the provisions of all that is consistent with the Constitution and the aspiration of the Moro people,” he said.

“Today marks a new milestone in our history that will stand as proof of our resolve to set aside our differences and stand united to achieve our common goal of peace. This moment is a significant step forward in our quest to end centuries of hatred, mistrust and injustice that cost and affected the lives of millions of Filipinos,” he added.

The President said the draft BBL also embodies the government and the Moro people’s “shared aspirations of a peaceful, orderly and harmonious nation.”

“After decades of armed struggle and violence, we will soon come up with a constitutionally consistent legal instrument that will lay the foundation for establishing real and lasting peace in Mindanao. The proposed Bangsamoro Basic Law puts into life and spirit the constitutional mandate provided in the 1987 Constitution for the establishment of a truly autonomous region in Muslim Mindanao,” he said.

“This paves the way for meeting the just aspiration of the Bangsamoro people for self-determination. And that is consistent and reflective of the distinct historical [and]cultural heritage, and economic and social structures common to the people residing in the Bangsamoro,” he added.

President Rodrigo Duterte offered self-rule to the Philippines’ Muslim minority on Monday in an attempt to defeat Islamist militants who seized a southern city in the gravest challenge to his year-old rule.

Duterte hopes the promise of autonomy will persuade Filipino Muslims to reject the Islamic State group, whose followers still control parts of Marawi after nearly two months of fighting that had left more than 500 people dead.

http://www.manilatimes.net/duterte-form-moro-country/339014/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1