Lee

Police arrest US Navy retiree for checking in with minors in Sta. Fe resort

47 posts in this topic

Well I got that from a local friend that was christian but has a mistress to avoid jail time after his wife found out he became muslim. He had to meet with an Imam and attend classes upon completion of the following he was issued a conversion card stating the Mosque he had been converted at Sort of Like a baptismal record I guess 

But maybe your right you can just say you are a muslim with out any documentation ?

Knowing Islam session(KIS) and complete the Beginners’ Course on Islam (BCI) and Let’s Pray 1 (LP1) before embracing Islam. Completion of these Foundation Courses (i.e. KIS, BCI  and Let’s Pray 1) are highly encouraged for a fuller understanding of Islam and the practices of a Muslim.

If you are ready to embrace Islam, you may book an appointment for the Conversion Ceremony with the Converts’ Development Division (CDD). 

All conversion appointment slots are given on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.

OPERATING HOURS FOR CONVERSION CEREMONY
Mondays to Saturdays: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Sundays: 9.30am – 11.30am
(Closed on Public Holidays)

During the conversion ceremony, you need to recite the Shahadah (Declaration of Faith) in the presence of the Registration officer and the two male Muslim witnesses. You need to express it clearly with conviction, and to internalise the meaning of the Shahadah.

Ideally the convert-to-be would have undergone the Knowing Islam Session (KIS), Beginner’s Course in Islam (BCI) & Solat (prayer) Tutorial (ST).  It is designed to provide the opportunity for one to understand & appreciate Islam prior to becoming a Muslim.

You are required to bring along:

• Two (2) male Muslim adults as witnesses (preferably relatives and/or close friends above 21 years old who can guide the Convert)
  • Three (3) passport sized photographs
  • Convert’s NRIC (Singapore) or passport (Foreigner)
  • Witnesses’ NRIC (Singapore) or passport (Foreigner)

Complete the Conversion Registration Form available from the CDD office on the day of the conversion ceremony.

Upon conversion, you will be issued with the Conversion Card and a gift set which includes a translation of the Quran, prayer compass, prayer mat, prayer garment (for sisters) and a prayer cap (for brothers).

When do they issue the suicide vests?

On 5/19/2017 at 6:11 PM, shadow said:

A few years ago in Siaton (south of Duma) a 14 yo girl was raped and vaginally assaulted with a broken beer bottle by her boyfriend and his friend (both in their 20s). Girl's family has no money, nobody files charges. Girl dies of infection as they will not treat her at the hospital. Nobody files charges. Boyfriend and buddy free to do it again. 

Bahala na

Sad..Very Sad

23 hours ago, RangerUp said:

"Ate, thanks for borrowing me your birth certificate and your son, it worked!"

LOL

21 hours ago, RangerUp said:

The romantic Philippines first date.

LOL

3 hours ago, cogon88 said:

Well I got that from a local friend that was christian but has a mistress to avoid jail time after his wife found out he became muslim. He had to meet with an Imam and attend classes upon completion of the following he was issued a conversion card stating the Mosque he had been converted at Sort of Like a baptismal record I guess 

But maybe your right you can just say you are a muslim with out any documentation ?

Knowing Islam session(KIS) and complete the Beginners’ Course on Islam (BCI) and Let’s Pray 1 (LP1) before embracing Islam. Completion of these Foundation Courses (i.e. KIS, BCI  and Let’s Pray 1) are highly encouraged for a fuller understanding of Islam and the practices of a Muslim.

If you are ready to embrace Islam, you may book an appointment for the Conversion Ceremony with the Converts’ Development Division (CDD). 

All conversion appointment slots are given on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.

OPERATING HOURS FOR CONVERSION CEREMONY
Mondays to Saturdays: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Sundays: 9.30am – 11.30am
(Closed on Public Holidays)

During the conversion ceremony, you need to recite the Shahadah (Declaration of Faith) in the presence of the Registration officer and the two male Muslim witnesses. You need to express it clearly with conviction, and to internalise the meaning of the Shahadah.

Ideally the convert-to-be would have undergone the Knowing Islam Session (KIS), Beginner’s Course in Islam (BCI) & Solat (prayer) Tutorial (ST).  It is designed to provide the opportunity for one to understand & appreciate Islam prior to becoming a Muslim.

You are required to bring along:

• Two (2) male Muslim adults as witnesses (preferably relatives and/or close friends above 21 years old who can guide the Convert)
  • Three (3) passport sized photographs
  • Convert’s NRIC (Singapore) or passport (Foreigner)
  • Witnesses’ NRIC (Singapore) or passport (Foreigner)

Complete the Conversion Registration Form available from the CDD office on the day of the conversion ceremony.

Upon conversion, you will be issued with the Conversion Card and a gift set which includes a translation of the Quran, prayer compass, prayer mat, prayer garment (for sisters) and a prayer cap (for brothers).

TMI

3 hours ago, Soarking said:

When do they issue the suicide vests?

extra LOL

On 5/20/2017 at 1:01 AM, AlwaysRt said:

My first experience with fake was a fake CENOMAR. I was instantly suspicious of it because it was produced wayyyy too early in the relationship. My way of spotting a fake is... I don't. Go with her to the NSO, you then know how the request form was filled out, saw all supporting documents, and saw the document received directly from the NSO at the counter - no fixer err umm expediter involved. Still possible but very much harder to get a fake that way.

Well, you know it's a real BC or CENOMAR, but is it hers?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Well, you know it's a real BC or CENOMAR, but is it hers?

It is the closest you're gonna get to 100% sure. There is still a small possibility she knows one of the workers there and they are willing to commit fraud, in the open, in front of and next to co-workers, and in sight of anyone near the counter. Also a small possibility she is willing to commit fraud and try turning fake or someone else's supporting documents to the NSO. MUCH smaller risk than just believing anything she says or shows you though.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Also a small possibility she is willing to commit fraud and try turning fake or someone else's supporting documents to the NSO

I've ordered and received NSO docs for people that weren't with me nor did I have their IDs.  So it wouldn't be hard for a girl to claim she was ordering her BC when in fact she's ordering her sister's or a cousin's.

You can order them online with no ID.

Edited by SkyMan
4 people like this

11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I've ordered and received NSO docs for people that weren't with me nor did I have their IDs.  So it wouldn't be hard for a girl to claim she was ordering her BC when in fact she's ordering her sister's or a cousin's.

You can order them online with no ID.

Which is why I have said from the beginning it is not perfect, but it is the surest way I know of to try and check to protect yourself. Do you know a better way? It is certainly better than doing nothing but believing everything any female says...

1 person likes this