Could any-one suggest a place in Cebu where I could get a 6kg CO2 bottel filled or long term hire of filled tank. Would love to have sodawater on tap and can get the tank, but am unable to find where to have it filled. Phoned Industrial Gases - they quoted 4 WEEKS & P3500 - surely there must be a better solution. Or another suggestion as we drink gallons of the stuff.

Anyone?

Why not go to the Coca Cola plant in Mandaue and ask them there? Surely, they supply canisters of soft drink syrup and CO2 to theatres and convenience stores all over the place. If you need the CO2, you will need the syrup too. I would imagine they could supply all of your needs.

• Like 1

Perhaps a fire extinguisher refilling business might be able to handle the request?

If there are any micro-breweries nearby, they might also have suggestions.

I looked into buying one of the CO2 machines for making my own root beer, but figured it would be too difficult to obtain CO2 refills to warrant the purchase.

Edited by Mikala

Both great suggestions, thanks. Will try next time I am in the "big smoke" . Also someone suggested that welders use CO2 ??? in which case they would need refills also.

Edited by LifeofRiley
extra info.

There's also Sugeco in Basak Mandaue.  I just bought a bottle of Argon there.  But it's probably like the other IG place you called.  Maybe it is the place you called.

Hadn`t found Sugeco and it doesn`t look like they have any web presence so will call them tomorrow. Did they fill your argon or just exchange the empty one?

Thanks for the suggestion about soda stream machines. Have had one before in Australia, they are expensive to fill and from research today, the bottles are impossible to refill in the Philippines.

13 hours ago, LifeofRiley said:

Hadn`t found Sugeco and it doesn`t look like they have any web presence so will call them tomorrow. Did they fill your argon or just exchange the empty one?

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.351687&lon=123.950297&z=19&m=b

I guess they're actually in Labogon, just south of Basak and just north of Insular Square.  I'm not surprised they don't have a web presence.  They do adhere to the noon shutdown.  I don't know if they would refill a bottle you already have.  This was my first bottle of Argon so there was a p6K deposit on the bottle.  That's good for one month, then it's p3/day rent after that.  I don't plan to have it too long so I went that route rather than buying my own bottle for p9K.  I'm assuming you have a smaller bottle.  Coke or another bottler might be a better choice for CO2.