smokey

cooling blanket

53 posts in this topic

Saw them for years at ace  ... though no way that cant work... bought one it works bought another now fully covered they use them at hospital to make sleeping easier .. better to be a little cold then a lot hot when trying to sleep ... cost 1,450 peso.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought you were pretty cool... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smokey said:

Saw them for years at ace  ... though no way that cant work... bought one it works bought another now fully covered they use them at hospital to make sleeping easier .. better to be a little cold then a lot hot when trying to sleep ... cost 1,450 peso.. 

How do they work?  Electric? I run the aircon at night and it may be more cost efficient to have a cooling blanket if they work that well.  I did ask Dr Google but there are so many variations on "cooling blanket" that I have no idea which kind you refer to.

Pic?  Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no what ever is in them absorbs heat ... its some gel of some type I put it on the bed at night and sleep on its don't need to get up to turn on ac in middle of night ...   ace is the place ... works for me I used to wake up like 3 to 4 and turn on ac it would be hot but now I sleep thru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, smokey said:

no what ever is in them absorbs heat ... its some gel of some type I put it on the bed at night and sleep on its don't need to get up to turn on ac in middle of night ...   ace is the place ... works for me I used to wake up like 3 to 4 and turn on ac it would be hot but now I sleep thru

i wouldn't mind getting something like this ... you sleep on top of it? is it gel filled or something? any chance the one you have has a brand name or is it just some random chinese manufacture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, broden said:

i wouldn't mind getting something like this ... you sleep on top of it? is it gel filled or something? any chance the one you have has a brand name or is it just some random chinese manufacture?

They do that in many of the memory foam pillows these days. I have ones where the gel is on one side. It's covered by material, so you don't actually touch the gel directly.

218fa8a197ce7378a4c50be3dcac2fce.jpg.08d0f990cb9dde8451aee144c759d51d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pillow I assume you put in the fridge? And the blanket? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, livinglife007 said:

The pillow I assume you put in the fridge? And the blanket? 

You don't do anything with the pillow.

It's cooler than memory foam by itself. It's not a replacement for an ice pack...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Salty Dog.  . I just  bought a bean bag type that you can microwave to warm it (6" x6") or cool it in the fridge for $12.00 in Canada. I'm visiting Vancouver at this time and it's still too cold for me.  . So this bean bag keeps warm under a blanket .I hope  the bag being cooled would u work under a sheet. .  I'm still interested in knowing about the blanket .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its called cool mat company   is called amazing products I paid 1.400 at ace hardware and liked it so I picked up another one for my step daughter a nurse from Cebu doc she said they use them at the hospital to help the patients sleep

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Donation Goals

    Modifications, Applications, & Plugins

    Purchase and renewal costs for themes and various features added to the forums.

    $30 USD added to cover PayPal fees.



    $249.68 of $280.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
    Yearly Hosting Fees

    Yearly web hosting fees, $75 USD / month.

    $30 USD added to cover fees.



    $439.72 of $930.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
    Software Licensing Renewal Fees

    This goal is 100% funded. Please choose one of the others to support.

    $50 USD every six months for software licensing.

    $15 USD added to cover PayPal fees.



    $115.08 of $115.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Donation Stats

    • Total Donations
      $804.48
    • Total Fees
      $30.52
    • Total Goals
      $1,325.00
    • Still Needed
      $520.52

    • $804.48 of $1,325.00 goal reached.
  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert