Yellowfever

Recommendation for a Dentist?

14 posts in this topic

Went in to green apple today, I saw dr Cinco and my girl saw a different lady doctor who's name I didn't get but had been there about 9 months.  Both were competent but sadly neither had the gentle patient nature of d'or Singh.  Dr Cinco was the better one to see though in my opinion.  

Bill came up to 4300 for me for a scale and polish and fluoride, and 2 fillings one of which was a bit tricky.  My girls bill came up to 1950 for scale and polish and panoramic x-Ray's which we had at their suggestion since she had a root canal that had been causing her problems plus another possibly rotten tooth.  Both ended up being false alarms.

one thing I only notice just now when I was looking at the receipts was that I was charged 1500 for cleaning while my girl was charged 1000.  We had identical treatments and our teeth are in similar condition - if anything my teeth needed less cleaning.  Not sure why there's a discrepancy, maybe her dentist was cheaper or they gave her a discount (she paid her own bill).  

Either way, happy campers both.  A clean in Aus is running about 7,000P thesedays plus they up sell the heck out of you while you're in the chair.  I would have pretty easily have been looking somewhere between 22k-30k pesos back home for what I had done today for 4.  Thanks all for the recommendations, and for those who were curious, dr Singh is planning to return to green apple after her studies in Manila (she's studying implant technology).  

1 person likes this

When my wife and I had our teeth cleaned, there was also a difference between her bill and mine. However, in our case, hers was more. When I questioned Dr. Jill about it (she did both of us), she said that my wife had more plaque, and therefore it took longer to do her teeth. Maybe it was an illusion that your teeth were easier. I don't know about you, but I tend to lose track of time when I'm in the dentist's chair.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

When my wife and I had our teeth cleaned, there was also a difference between her bill and mine. However, in our case, hers was more. When I questioned Dr. Jill about it (she did both of us), she said that my wife had more plaque, and therefore it took longer to do her teeth. Maybe it was an illusion that your teeth were easier. I don't know about you, but I tend to lose track of time when I'm in the dentist's chair.

My teeth cleaning definitely took less than my girls.  I get my teeth scaled every 6 months and floss a few times a week (not as often as I should).  My girl hadn't had hers done in 10 years and doesn't floss.  Her total treatment was about an hour, mine was almost two with the two fillings I had done.  One of my fillings was a filling that was done at green apple about 2 years ago which had failed so it was a repair.  Total filling bill was 2500, fluoride 400, scaling 1500.  I was happy with the price overall so I'm not complaining by any means.

I'm going to guess that they bill for time plus materials because they start a clock timer when you sit in the chair, and it probably just ended up that they apportioned my bill that way.  Either way it was excellent value and great service for both of us.  

1 person likes this

Just went. A legitimate P1500 for near scaling or full scaling of all areas. My U.S. doctor charges P7500 a quadrant for full scaling (P30K!).

Where Green Apple kind of falls apart are the more expensive procedures. They want P70K for a procedure I can get for about P33K elsewhere.

It's not like the about P33K Dr. just fell off a turnip truck,either.

I don't mind paying P1500 for a procedure at that is  P1000 elsewhere but I don't have the luxury of spending 10000 +++ extra.

I hardly believe you get what you pay for at those price points. Plenty of U.S., U.K,  H.K trained dentists with twenty years experience exist at way less cost.

For the routine stuff we enjoy Green Apple.