Just rang green apple to make a booking to see dr Singh who has been my regular dentist for a few years only to be told she's in Manila on sabbatical indefinitely.  Not sure if this is the actual case or she's just quit and working somewhere else and they didn't want to say so.  

So anyways.... Any recommendations for a dentist?  I don't want to see the guy who works at green apple, I for a bad vibe from him and have heard a few complaints that he's a bit of an up seller and pushes people into unnecessary work.  I don't need anything major, need a filling replaced, a scaling and polish and a general checkup.  I have moderately bad dental phobia and dr Singh was quite understanding and considerate in dealing with the issue.  

all advice welcome

I recently had good luck with Dr. Ricamora.  His office is near Osmena Circle .  He was recommended by another friend who also had  good experiences with him.  His charges were reasonable, and his office was state-of-the-art.

Parking can be a bit tough down there.

Address: Room 416, Robinsons Cybergate Mall,( Fuente Osmena Circle ), Don Gil Garcia St, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
Phone: (032) 254 9013
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

Just rang green apple to make a booking to see dr Singh who has been my regular dentist for a few years only to be told she's in Manila on sabbatical indefinitely.  Not sure if this is the actual case or she's just quit and working somewhere else and they didn't want to say so. 

So anyways.... Any recommendations for a dentist?  I don't want to see the guy who works at green apple, I for a bad vibe from him and have heard a few complaints that he's a bit of an up seller and pushes people into unnecessary work.  I don't need anything major, need a filling replaced, a scaling and polish and a general checkup.  I have moderately bad dental phobia and dr Singh was quite understanding and considerate in dealing with the issue. 

all advice welcome

I was just in at Green Apple at Ayala this afternoon. My dentist there is Dr. Jill Cinco. It was one of the only pain-free dentist visits I have ever had (anywhere), and I had the preliminary work done for a crown (which takes quite a while). She is quite good, and she pays attention to the patient. My problem with dental work is that it takes twice as much novocaine as normal and twice as long as normal to deaden me, and dentists are seldom patient enough to do it right. Dr Jill listened to me and did it right, and I had a good experience.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Last September while my wife and myself was in Cebu made an appointment there for 1pm my wife got there 1 hour early, came to 1pm they told her sorry going for lunch now, my wife walked out very upset, she got the work done when we got Surigao city at a fraction of the price.

Some on this forum recommended this dentist, sorry i heard of Filipino time sorry lunch time. 

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I was just in at Green Apple at Ayala this afternoon. My dentist there is Dr. Jill Cinco. It was one of the only pain-free dentist visits I have ever had (anywhere), and I had the preliminary work done for a crown (which takes quite a while). She is quite good, and she pays attention to the patient. My problem with dental work is that it takes twice as much novocaine as normal and twice as long as normal to deaden me, and dentists are seldom patient enough to do it right. Dr Jill listened to me and did it right, and I had a good experience.

That's exactly the sort of reply I was hoping for.  I like the green apple clinic so I think I'll give Dr Cinco a try.  It was a genuine disappointment to hear that Dr Singh was no longer working, I have actually traveled to the Philippines just to have dental work done by her in the past. 

I've had only a few times at the Green Apple clinic but satisfied each time.  I had work done as well as for a child.  Quite professional staff and reasonable prices.  No surprises about costs.  I was also impressed they used email as well as phone contact for appointments. 

I got the impression there were several dentists working there.  Some had other clinics and worked only some days.

I like Catan Dental

Unit 1-B, JAB Commercial Center

A. S. Fortuna Street

Mandaue City

+63 32 236 5012

(almost across the street from Oakridge Business Center)

10543518_765764186806939_5458619971632540003_o.jpg

18341926_1460286430688041_2776925114324058355_n.jpg

Untitled.png

There is a lady dentist third floor of medical arts ...she is world class in technique and worth consideration...I will seek her out again next time I need work.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:32 AM, Yellowfever said:

I don't want to see the guy who works at green apple, I for a bad vibe from him and have heard a few complaints that he's a bit of an up seller and pushes people into unnecessary work.

all advice welcome

It appears you have the answer you sought but I’ll offer this. I’ve had 4 or 5 appointments at Green Apple with “the guy” (never could remember his name), mainly cleanings and consultations. While I did not find him particularly friendly, he was thorough, professional, and fairly gentle. I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again. There was never any “up selling” or attempts to solicit unnecessary work. Any good dentist will do a thorough examination and recommend what needs to be done; that’s a vital part of their job, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re trying to gouge you. More than likely the work was actually needed and they either didn’t want to do it or couldn’t afford it.

I’ve also had overall good experience with Dentaland on the ground floor of Ayala. In the past they received some well-deserved criticism for having young, unprofessional dentists but I think they got rid of them. A friend had filings and cleaning done there a couple months ago because GA was booked up and said the young female dentist was very good. You could also request one of the owners, Mark or Cherrie, they are both good. 

1 hour ago, enoonmai said:

It appears you have the answer you sought but I’ll offer this. I’ve had 4 or 5 appointments at Green Apple with “the guy” (never could remember his name), mainly cleanings and consultations. While I did not find him particularly friendly, he was thorough, professional, and fairly gentle. I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again. There was never any “up selling” or attempts to solicit unnecessary work. Any good dentist will do a thorough examination and recommend what needs to be done; that’s a vital part of their job, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re trying to gouge you. More than likely the work was actually needed and they either didn’t want to do it or couldn’t afford it.

I’ve also had overall good experience with Dentaland on the ground floor of Ayala. In the past they received some well-deserved criticism for having young, unprofessional dentists but I think they got rid of them. A friend had filings and cleaning done there a couple months ago because GA was booked up and said the young female dentist was very good. You could also request one of the owners, Mark or Cherrie, they are both good. 

I had nearly the same experience.  The male dentist, I think was called "Butch" did the interpretation of the X-ray, but another female, less experienced dentist, did a filling.  I was satisfied with the treatment and made the same observations.  They told me what they felt needed to be done, but I made the choice.

The only odd thing had nothing to do with dentistry.  I wear eyeglasses, so during the work, my glasses were removed and set aside.  After the work was finished, the eyeglasses were returned.  I was amazed there were about three or four other staff members sort of standing around while I was told about the filling etc.

Later, after I left the office and was shopping, my eyeglasses fell apart.  Whoops.  It wa then I realized that they had most likely been damaged when I was being treated, and because the staff was "SHY" they didn't say anything.