samatm

Amazon shopping w LBC

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seems like a very clean operation.  Anything to cut out the corrupt agents at customs.  It does not seem to be a priority for Duterte to fix that issue of corruption, even though it has long been a well known scandal much more firmly entrenched than the bullet scandal.

Edited by Kreole

12 hours ago, Dafey said:

Sorry if I'm a little dumb on this...

So Amazon ships it to LA where LBC packages it and ships to the Phils?

California actually:

9999999 (your mail box/cart) Danti Court

CITY: Hayward
STATE: California
ZIP: 94545

They started off that way - but now if your package is from Amazon they just forward it on... which may explain why their rates go crazy sometimes.

Previously, they opened the package, took photos, put the photos online for you to check and then (efficiently) repackaged the item for shipping from CA to RP... either by Air or Sea.

It then changed (probably because too popular) - but as far as I know the old procedure (which I quite liked) still applies for non Amazon purchases. For Amazon purchases they just take a picture of Amazon's packing label.

BTW...

Some further information... I cannot remember which service it is but when you buy from Amazon (or anyone else for that matter) make sure you don't choose the option that will deliver at the weekend... because (you have to laugh don't you):

ShippingCart.jpg.8fdee8eb056834be006ff65d77f7f811.jpg

And you'll find a number of posts from people using the "ShippingCart" service, on the internet, complaining about how long it took to get their item redelivered from Amazon because it got returned at the weekend and similar stories like that :)

I ordered latly from Amazon Germany (.de) and was added 65 euro for Tax - but about 3 month later I got that refunded in total. So maybe the US Amazon is worse and you better change to DE ?

On 5/10/2017 at 7:26 PM, Dafey said:

Sorry if I'm a little dumb on this...

So Amazon ships it to LA where LBC packages it and ships to the Phils?

You set up shipping from Amazon to LBC's  LA address .  They  Open the Box ..take a pic of the item and  repackage it. and consolidate ship out over the philippines with a bunch of other orders .. When it arrives Manila..your order is separated by LBC and sent to your Philippine address by LBC.door to door service.    We ord3ed from Ebay and Amazon and had the Items consolidated by LBC in LA..and sent in one package.   Worked Great  YMMV.  But i would say give it a try. 

1 person likes this

After my recent not so good "experience" with JohnnyAir I now will also add LBC to my list and try them next time.

1 person likes this

I've used LBC shipping cart 3 times. decent service but usually sat in LA for 3 or 4 days after ready. Once shipped usually delivered in Lillian 2 days later.

I recently received an email from them and they say they are shipping daily.

If I need them I will definitely use them again.

1 person likes this

Im a big fan of Amazon and order almost everything from them..Since I go home every 4 months I usually have many items I have ordered sent to my sisters house..Its like christmas every 4 months...Its nice to know about shopping cart and I will give them a try for a few things I really must have now instead of waiting 4 months......

2 people like this

Im a big fan of Amazon and order almost everything from them..Since I go home every 4 months I usually have many items I have ordered sent to my sisters house..Its like christmas every 4 months...Its nice to know about shopping cart and I will give them a try for a few things I really must have now instead of waiting 4 months......

On 5/21/2017 at 8:48 AM, Goetz1965 said:

After my recent not so good "experience" with JohnnyAir I now will also add LBC to my list and try them next time.

Please post user report how it goes.