So my son has made three purchases off Amazon.com recently and used the service LBC Shipping Cart.   I must say I am quite impressed with the service and it is affordable..much more than say using Fedex/Air21 etc..  And you dont have to put up with all that customs red tape and bull crap.    Check it out on their website.    Basically everything you purchase is sent to LA for consolidation.. once it arrives LA  a picture of your item is  taken before it is packaged.   You can trace your shipment and see the item that has been sent to the LA Consolidating point.    It may sit there for  a week or so before it is shipped or if you are lucky as we were recently the item got placed immediately in with the next consolidated shipment.     Anyway this is Door to Door service  .. picture verifiable.. w tracking.     an Excellent value.   For example.. Two very large Test  prep books were sent totaling in at 2.9Kgs..   The shipping cost Air Freight was  P2,400 from LA to my door in Cebu and took only 3 days (could  have been a week or more but we were lucky) .   Shipment from Amazon to La to negligble. got the lowest price shipping fee.

So how do you guys ship stuff over here.. or purchase on Amazon?     Johnny Air Cargo?   How is your service?   How 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, samatm said:

So my son has made three purchases off Amazon.com recently and used the service LBC Shipping Cart.   I must say I am quite impressed with the service and it is affordable..much more than say using Fedex/Air21 etc..  And you dont have to put up with all that customs red tape and bull crap.    Check it out on their website.    Basically everything you purchase is sent to LA for consolidation.. once it arrives LA  a picture of your item is  taken before it is packaged.   You can trace your shipment and see the item that has been sent to the LA Consolidating point.    It may sit there for  a week or so before it is shipped or if you are lucky as we were recently the item got placed immediately in with the next consolidated shipment.     Anyway this is Door to Door service  .. picture verifiable.. w tracking.     an Excellent value.   For example.. Two very large Test  prep books were sent totaling in at 2.9Kgs..   The shipping cost Air Freight was  P2,400 from LA to my door in Cebu and took only 3 days (could  have been a week or more but we were lucky) .   Shipment from Amazon to La to negligble. got the lowest price shipping fee.

So how do you guys ship stuff over here.. or purchase on Amazon?     Johnny Air Cargo?   How is your service?   How 

I used them a couple of times to test out their air freight and it all went ok...

I then bought my son's birthday present... that time they wanted 3 to 4,000 more for air freight than it would have cost me had I paid for it myself.

I emailed them - no response - so I shipped the item sea freight and he didn't get it for his birthday.

Unless I'm desperate I won't use them again.

25 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

I used them a couple of times to test out their air freight and it all went ok...

I then bought my son's birthday present... that time they wanted 3 to 4,000 more for air freight than it would have cost me had I paid for it myself.

I emailed them - no response - so I shipped the item sea freight and he didn't get it for his birthday.

Unless I'm desperate I won't use them again.

What do you mean 3 or 4k more if you paid for it yourself? by which method?    sea freight?   Why would you do that if you needed  it timely? 

Used Johnny Air a couple of times, last time about 2 years ago to send an ipad to my girl. Took about 3 days, was just shy of $100 (as memory serves) and was definitely not door to door. That price included an additional charge for electronics, assume customs. I was happy with it at the time. LBC shipping cart sounds like an excellent deal to me. Was the price cheaper because it was books?

• Like 1

Just always look FIRST if international shipping is available for an item - that means it ships directly from Amazon to you. Amazon usually uses UPS for delivery - sometimes its LBC then. But all my orders arrived without problems.

If your item isnt listet under "international shipping" just direct it to JohnnyAir Cargo and then get it at their branch in SM City Cebu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

Just always look FIRST if international shipping is available for an item - that means it ships directly from Amazon to you. Amazon usually uses UPS for delivery - sometimes its LBC then. But all my orders arrived without problems.

If your item isnt listet under "international shipping" just direct it to JohnnyAir Cargo and then get it at their branch in SM City Cebu.

The problem I have encountered (and also many here) are the  customs and duty charges that seem to always be tallied up on direct shipments via UPS or Fedex.   the Fedex/Air21  scam really pissed me off several times.  ie Voip router purchased.. arrives Cebu... and I get a call that the box has arrived but it is in customs clearing...later I get another call or text that the item can be claimed..(what)  I have physically get myself over to mactan airport facility to claim my box.. where I am stuck with a high estimated customs charge..AND Wharehouse storage fees from Air21...grrrrr.      How have  you have escaped not paying customs and duty?    

LBC Shipping Cart  cuts out having run down to SM a la Johnny Air Cargo to pick up your package  as its Door to Door service.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, samatm said:

So my son has made three purchases off Amazon.com recently and used the service LBC Shipping Cart

Where do you find the LBC shipping cart? Is it at checkout?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dafey said:

Where do you find the LBC shipping cart? Is it at checkout?

No you sign up for it - they give you a US mailing address... you then tell Amazon to deliver to that address... then the Shipping Cart gets an item... then  you choose how to ship it - air or sea.

https://www.shippingcart.com/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

No you sign up for it - they give you a US mailing address... you then tell Amazon to deliver to that address... then the Shipping Cart gets an item... then  you choose how to ship it - air or sea.

https://www.shippingcart.com/

Correct.. its only for the USofA ... perhaps they are looking for other country franchise holders.    

Sorry if I'm a little dumb on this...

So Amazon ships it to LA where LBC packages it and ships to the Phils?

• Like 1