I just realized my car insurance policy ended this past week.  I'll need to buy a new policy here in Cebu (Lahug/Ayala area), as I recently relocated from Negros.   If anyone can recommend a reasonably priced company here that is actually reliable, it would be very helpful.  There are websites that provide multiple quotes of various car insurance companies, but most seem to be located in Manila, and I'm not sure of their coverage in the South

Thanks in advance...

25 minutes ago, Alk said:

I just realized my car insurance policy ended this past week.  I'll need to buy a new policy here in Cebu (Lahug/Ayala area), as I recently relocated from Negros.   If anyone can recommend a reasonably priced company here that is actually reliable, it would be very helpful.  There are websites that provide multiple quotes of various car insurance companies, but most seem to be located in Manila, and I'm not sure of their coverage in the South

Thanks in advance...

Bdo 2nd floor insurance on Gorordo close to corner of escario close to Kia dealer.. I've been with them for five years and there reasonable and good on claims

Edited by billy

What kind of coverage are you thinking about, and what do you consider "reasonably priced" coverage?

1 hour ago, Alk said:

There are websites that provide multiple quotes of various car insurance companies, but most seem to be located in Manila,

All of the threads on Linc in the last year referring to car insurance companies are for companies located in Cebu . [ in some cases with phone numbers, street addresses and even maps ! ]

3 hours ago, Alk said:

but most seem to be located in Manila, and I'm not sure of their coverage in the South

I haven't done a lot of research but from what I did I found the opposite to be true. Luzon purchased insurance was more expensive but coverage all the RP while insurance purchased in Cebu was cheaper but you weren't covered in Luzon, only vismin.  Apparently there are some bad drivers up there.

Edited by SkyMan

It's been my impression that many (most?) of the larger insurers are headquartered in the NCR but have regional offices. I've used a few but have settled on Standard insurance.  They have local branch offices.  

Pricing seems to be based upon where you are living, but it's still pretty standard.  I noticed the prices are nearly identical between companies.  

A policy can be written in a single day.  

If you're only looking for the standard liability insurance (required by LTO) that is always very cheap and can be obtained just about anywhere there is an LTO.  

3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

All of the threads on Linc in the last year referring to car insurance companies are for companies located in Cebu . [ in some cases with phone numbers, street addresses and even maps ! ]

LinC Link Please

I got mine with "Sterling Insurance" - was recommended by a Metrobank guy.
Its located on Osmena boulevard.

If you want to find info on Linc you just have to search for it