First, I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong spot. Been a while and this site is different. No disrespect.

I'm moving. Been on Bantayan Island for 3 years now, and I feel the need to move. I love the Visayas. Been looking at Moalboal, Cadian, Argao, etc. Paul once said Biliran was a cool place, so I went there and looked at it. Not bad, but a bit small for no beaches. Damn, I like Bohol...but what happened there recently scares me. Can do America, but so expensive.

So, I'm thinking Luzon. Was thinking Thailand or Vietnam, but their customs are too difficult to figure out. Plus, I have many things. Been doing research and not much online about this trip. Driving from Cebu to baguio this week. In my multicab. What is the best way? Good idea? Bad idea? Why?

Pop over to Puerto Princesa on Palawan, if you just want a change of pace. You can have the benefits of a larger town (including malls) without all of the pollution and stress that go along with living in a more metro area. It sounds like you moved to Bantayan right after Yolanda went through. Bantayan is a little bit too isolated for my tastes (at least as a long-term residence).

• Like 3

Damn Headshot, you are spot on. I did move here right after Yolanda. 3 years ago. But, I now own a multicab. 4-wheel drive. low miles. Worth 11,000k. An ATV worth 40k. I cannot get to Puerta Princessa with these things. I can go there. Boat from here to Estancia. Boat from there. Do I just leave these things behind?

Anyone have recent trips of here to Luzon?

Well, you can catch the Super Ferry (2GO) from Cebu to Manila and then the Super Ferry from Manila to Puerto Princesa. However, I would suggest that you pop over (by air) first to see what its like first.

Edited by Headshot

I guess I am Googling it all wrong. Gawd. I'm old and stupid. What time does that ship leave from Cebu? What Port?

As far as Bohol goes, I wouldn't let the recent events stray you away from Panglao.

IMHO Panglao is about as safe as you can get.

The new international airport, endless resorts and beautiful beaches make it safe and attractive.

If you look around you can find a lot of resorts (almost hidden) have rooms for p15k monthly.

A vehicle would most certainly be required.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

I cannot get to Puerta Princessa with these things.

Says who?!

1. RORO from Toledo to San Carlos.

2. Drive to Bacolod.

3. RORO from Bacolod to Iloilo.

4. RORO from Iloilo to Puerto Princesa. (Makes 1 stop at Cuyo Island)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

I guess I am Googling it all wrong. Gawd. I'm old and stupid. What time does that ship leave from Cebu? What Port?

Go here ...

http://travel.2go.com.ph/index.asp

to check on schedules and ports.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

But, I now own a multicab. 4-wheel drive. low miles. Worth 11,000k

I'd like to see a p11M multicab.

If you want to drive to Baguio, you can take a ferry from northern Cebu to Polompon Leyte, then drive to the northern tip of Samar and ferry to southern Luzon.  On the way back you can ferry to Palawan from Manila or there abouts.

• Like 3

Says who?!
1. RORO from Toledo to San Carlos.
2. Drive to Bacolod.
3. RORO from Bacolod to Iloilo.
4. RORO from Iloilo to Puerto Princesa. (Makes 1 stop at Cuyo Island)

In the case of OP ..

1 .. should be Roro from Ste Fe to Hagnaya ..

Then the rest in sequence .
Beautiful drive down the coast to Toledo to take the next Roro.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk