RogerDat

Korean black raspberry wine

13 posts in this topic

Greetings! has anybody seen any Korean black raspberry wine on Mactan, or Cebu?

It is very good for drinking, but I use it for cooking. Thanks for any response.

8801147120178_1.jpg.2b41df69d34c6f4effe04faba3d87410.jpg

2 people like this

I've had that. Makes a nice cooler mixed with soda water to beat the sweltering Seoul summers.

It's so sweet though I gotta wonder what you cook with it?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

international noodles, Korean wine, Thai soy sauce, Korean red past, egg plant, onion, garlic, tomato fried in peanut oil ( from China) and sliced precooked longanisa served over Japanese Micky noodles.

after frying the veggies, you finish it off with fresh Basel, and the wine for a quick minute, wonderful fragrance! I miss my old stove, top is the table, and I added a ships safety rail because of curved burner supports. Earth quake caused a pot to almost come off before.427991_288914167844966_533140369_n.jpg.35df7f2a78209748f2615f90e5928d7d.jpg423916_288914364511613_800686874_n.jpg.c1ffdb476f3a7e8edf175defd36daeb4.jpg

Edited by RogerDat
missing ingreadent
2 people like this

When in Korea, my at home drink was Portaju, a cheap port wind drink, but in a bar, it was OB beer. My name back then in the bar was "OB hanna" or 1 OB, and then off to the next bar. I normally could get thru all the first class bars before ending up in the ally section after curfew where Town Patrol would tell me to go home after checking my ID card. After I got back to states, I noticed the airman issuing my card signed it as "issuing authority" OSI!

When in Korea, my at home drink was Portaju, a cheap port wind drink.

Mine was MoonBaeSool. It's a high quality distilled spirit with a proper moonshine punch.

Worth looking for if passing through Incheon duty-free to/from d'Phils.

I kept a bottle in my bowling bag in Korea and Moon Bae Sool became my bowling name on the projected scorecards. Folks always got a chuckle outta that (and the resulting low scores).

images (5).jpg

1 person likes this

I can't tell you of a place to get the sweet wine, but if I run across some I'll let you know.

The first time I spent a while in Seoul, I did some Tae Keon Do training in a small school.  The other students would often ask if they could have some of my water which I brought. Then one day they didn't drink any, and I was puzzled. Turns out, I had bought a 2 liter plastic bottle of what I THOUGHT was water.  It was Soju!

1 person likes this

If you find it, let us know, I would like to try marinating rabbit with it.

2 people like this

It turns out, I had bought a 2 liter plastic bottle of what I THOUGHT was water.  It was Soju!

Conversely, you can use two-liter water bottles to smuggle soju into KBO baseball games.

A half gallon of hooch will usually last you the whole nine innings.

1 person likes this

Tried soju here in the US and guess it's a watered down version, doesn't have that punch I remember.  Man I loved the buzz that stuff gave lol

2 people like this

Tried soju here in the US and guess it's a watered down version, doesn't have that punch I remember.  Man I loved the buzz that stuff gave lol

Soju in the Korean market has been generally reduced in ABV from 25 to 18-19% over the past decade or so; it's not just the export stuff.

You're probably thinking of the old-school rutgut Jinro product which is much superior to the new panty-waist renditions in my estimation.

2 people like this