fire1911b

exiting the Philippines with 13A visa

37 posts in this topic

I have lived in Philippines for several years on a 13A visa. I will be flying out next month to US for medical treatment. I am getting conflicting information on clearing immigration to exit. Can I clear at the airport in Manila or must I go to immigration and clear a few days before exit?

Thanks,

Bill

You can do it right at the airport. I have a 13A and have done it a few times.

3 people like this

I know there are some cost involved at the airport prior to boarding, so what are the cost of fees for 13a visa holder with an ACR I-Card? 
Here's an old post a few years old from this forum, but are the fees the same today?

P5,050 in total, in order to leave the Philippines and retain 13A Visa on return

1)Travel Tax - P1,620

2) Terminal Fee - P700

3) Passport Control for leaving the Country - ACR I-Card holders

ECC FEE.................................. P700

HEAD TAX.................,...............P250

RP/SRC FEE............................ P1,400

Legal Research.........,,,............. P 30

..............................................Total P2,880  as 1st time out of Philippines in 2015 

1 person likes this

Cebu international terminal fee is 750 php

Manila, terminal fee should be included in the ticket price

2 hours ago, fire1911b said:

I have lived in Philippines for several years on a 13A visa. I will be flying out next month to US for medical treatment. I am getting conflicting information on clearing immigration to exit. Can I clear at the airport in Manila or must I go to immigration and clear a few days before exit?

Thanks,

Bill

Provided you have a current ACR card you can clear at the airport. 

2 hours ago, fire1911b said:

Thanks,

Bill

At the airport here's the PBI link that explains the difference between an ECC-A and ECC-B  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc   I left once and I think I had dollars but the fee had to be paid in pesos...ugh.

ITS OVER 5,000 PESO and if and when you tell them the fee was taken out by airlines they tell you to go to the ticket place and get it in writing which means leave the security area and have to come back again ... i think the us should charge 100 per head with 59 million visitors hello build the wall and before anyone says it will affect tourist please 

19 hours ago, fire1911b said:

Thanks,

Bill

You can't get an ECC at the BI and must get it at the airport unless things have changed since I tried to do it at the BI.  The terminal fee may be included in your ticket price.  Bring a receipt including a breakdown of fees you paid.  If you have paid or you're not sure, hand the guard your receipt at the terminal fee both (or the booth agent if no guard) like you paid, and he'll tell you. (p700-750) Ignore the travel tax unless someone tells you you have to pay.  They may assume you're a tourist and not nail you.  (p1640ish)  Go to the BI window and pay for ECC. (About p2900)

Last time I flew out of Mactan on PAL and terminal fee was included.  I was also give an opportunity to pay the travel tax when I purchased the ticket and the exchange rate they gave made it favorable so I did it for both my wife and I.  I wonder how many select that option that don't need to pay it?  Anyway, on 13A you're supposed to pay it.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, smokey said:

ITS OVER 5,000 PESO and if and when you tell them the fee was taken out by airlines they tell you to go to the ticket place and get it in writing which means leave the security area and have to come back again ... i think the us should charge 100 per head with 59 million visitors hello build the wall and before anyone says it will affect tourist please 

Smokey when I (2008 timeline. 13a Visa) asked the airlines if they could take care of this tax they said I could pay for it with my ticket and when I exited the Immigration zombies got me again and I also had to pay the irritating airport tax. 

Edited by M.C.A.

8 hours ago, smokey said:

they tell you to go to the ticket place and get it in writing

If you bring the receipt with the fee breakdown you have it in writing.