Jawny

Use of managers check or similar

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

The OP stated quite clearly that "  I do not intend to open a different bank account nor do I have interest in using a credit card."

The OP also sort of knew the answers to his own questions, 

"Some recent threads made reference to the limitations between different banks (BPI, Metrobank, BDO). This leads me to a question regarding getting cash between branches".

"However, as is frequently pointed out, Metrobank branches act independently, so going to another branch is not always a way to conduct business."

"I'd prefer to use some sort of bank transaction such as a managers check. In effect, go to a local bank, buy a managers check and then cash it in a branch in Cebu".

He could also have reconsider my suggestion and open a bank peso checking account or use a credit card. No harm, no foul by suggesting.  

1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

The OP stated quite clearly that "  I do not intend to open a different bank account nor do I have interest in using a credit card."

Thanks.  I appreciate the assistance.  I did enjoy the idea of using a Donut box.  I was dreading helpful ideas such as dual citizenship to open an account or changing to a different visa category.

ive already bought the lottery ticket.  Problem solved.

46 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

The OP also sort of knew the answers to his own questions, 

"Some recent threads made reference to the limitations between different banks (BPI, Metrobank, BDO). This leads me to a question regarding getting cash between branches".

"However, as is frequently pointed out, Metrobank branches act independently, so going to another branch is not always a way to conduct business."

"I'd prefer to use some sort of bank transaction such as a managers check. In effect, go to a local bank, buy a managers check and then cash it in a branch in Cebu".

He could also have reconsider my suggestion and open a bank peso checking account or use a credit card. No harm, no foul by suggesting.  

Your suggestion of opening a checking account is useless for getting cash at the destination.  I've had a checking account and did use it to pay some bills.  However, to write a check at a different branch would have required a time delay and effectively made the process pointless.  I either carry cash (in a donut box now) or I buy a lottery ticket and pick up my winnings in Cebu. Or, plan C and buy a managers check and take it with me for use at the destination.

i have no interest in getting new accounts, checking or otherwise.

1 person likes this

Forget about a Bank Manager's Check, cash in a donut box will suffice. 

4 hours ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

open a bank peso checking account

good luck with trying to cash a check  you wrote drawn on a  bank in a different city !!

33 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

good luck with trying to cash a check  you wrote drawn on a  bank in a different city !!

You'll never know though, it could be a last resort solution. Usually it takes only 5 business days for the check to clear. 

1 hour ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

You'll never know though, it could be a last resort solution. Usually it takes only 5 business days for the check to clear. 

No need to have the final word.  I do NOT intend to use a personal check.  I want to carry cash or a safer equivalent.  I want to spend the cash right away.  I don't want to spend my time in Cebu waiting for a check to be processed. 

Please let this go.  I have already reserved a box of donuts.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Jawny said:

No need to have the final word. Please let this go.  I have already reserved a box of donuts.

Tell that to the other guy who brought up it again.

Thread closed at request of OP.

1 person likes this