Mikala

Yale Hardware - Colon

13 posts in this topic

Wandered over to Yale Hardware Corp that advertises industrial tools and equipment. I was impressed with their stock. Certainly saw items that I never thought to find in the Philippines. They had a wide variety of welders, battery chargers, motors, drill presses, vises, grinders, concrete cutters, sump pumps, water pumps, air compressors, band saws, jig saws, table saws, planers, blowers, floor jacks and such.

Of course when I asked them if they had any NPT tap and dies, they told me “no sir”. I then walked over to their tap and dies and immediately found NPT tap and dies there, just not the size that I wanted. I’ve since ordered what I want from South Korea and hoping they’ll not be fried in the expected nuclear holocaust.

Hours: 7 am to 6 pm (closed on Sundays)

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5917.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5927.jpgIMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

12 people like this

11 minutes ago, Mikala said:

Of course when I asked them if they had any NPT tap and dies, they told me “no sir”.

Happens everywhere I've shopped in Cebu. Hired staff just does not know anything about what products they are selling. Had an issue with staff at Home Builders that wanted to sell me some tile cutting discs that were way too thick and have a tendency to split tiles. Them:"This is the one you want sir."  Me; "No its not, it want this one" while pointing at the one I really wanted. They still persisted, but I got what I wanted in the long run. It's more fun!

Edited by sugbu777
3 people like this

This is not unique to Cebu.  Any of the larger stores here such as Citi hardware, have a bunch of staff just hovering near the entrance as then follow you as you shop.  Like puppies.

if you ask a question, even a simple one like "do you have one that is not on display?  Answer is usually, "I'll have to ask the in-charge". Of course, the in-charge is on break, lunch, or training etc.

I bought a lawnmower, and wanted it assembled.  Not because I had trouble assembling, I just didn't want to eat home and find parts missing.  It was like watching a Marx brothers movie.  They were trying to assemble square parts in round holes, and not one of the five or six of them could figure it out.  Fun to watch. 

3 people like this

25 minutes ago, Jawny said:

They were trying to assemble square parts in round holes,

That's why I do my own assembly.

48 minutes ago, Mikala said:

Yale Hardware Corp that advertises industrial tools and equipment. I was impressed with their stock.

How do their prices compare with Belmont?

Sorry, but I rarely notice pricing at hardware stores. Most of the stock at Yale was very different from Belmont.

you forgot to photo where they keep the safe, their cctv cams, the guards, and their guns... cause you took pics of everything else.    like i asked in your onk king king post,  do tjhey not freak out with you taking pics of their store?   Great work btw... keep em coming. :)

Edited by samatm
2 people like this

you forgot to photo where they keep the safe, their cctv cams, the guards, and their guns... cause you took pics of everything else.    like i asked in your onk king king post,  do tjhey not freak out with you taking pics of their store?   Great work btw... keep em coming.

I've only had a problem taking photos at S&R. Otherwise the staff want to get in the photos!
2 people like this

Makes you wonder who uses all those tools when the typical construction worker's tool is a stick with a nail pushed through it at one end....

4 people like this

29 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Makes you wonder who uses all those tools when the typical construction worker's tool is a stick with a nail pushed through it at one end....

Kanos.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Their prices are on par or less than Belmont...from what I've asked about. The beauty is, its only a few blocks, (walking distance), to Belmont so easy to compare.

My guess is they can beat Belmont on most everything since their overhead is less...but Belmont has cuter sales help!

Also, if you don't see it, they can probably order it from Manila. Here's their website...

http://www.yalehardware.yocal.ph/

2 people like this