JohnSurrey

Wife's Birthday Party

31 posts in this topic

It's my wife's birthday (again) and she likes to have a family party...

That means 30 adults and 10 children at a minimum and it normally ends up costing circa 20,000 peso.

My birthday, the four of us went out for a meal and it cost 1,200 peso.

I think it's a waste of money, ok if she was 40 or 50 or something.

(What makes it worse is the following month it is fiesta, followed by the children's birthdays...grrr)

Anyway, I know I'm a bit mean when it comes to parties, out of interest what do other's do for their wife's birthdays?

I take her out for supper. Just the two of us. Somewhere  nice- and romantic.  Usually costs 2-3000

For me family parties are for special occasions. Not for  just a regular birthday

5 people like this

Can't really give any input..... but....... wife is in the States for her birthdays while I remain in Cebu..... so meh. I think my wife's birthday falls a day within my nephew's birthday so some of my family have a small party for both of them. I haven't celebrated my own birthday for about 30 years so I don't even know how old I am.

1 person likes this

Sometimes the wife of a Kano is pressured to host a party for any reason.

6 people like this

For my wife, I will typically have two parties.  One is for the immediate family (our children and ourselves) and the other is for the extended family.  For ourselves I don't really know the cost but it is usually a meal with some special food, a cake, gifts and such.

For the extended family the party sometimes will include a pig for lechon, lots of foods which I refer to as potluck, some drinks and such.  I don't recall the price, as it depends on whether I pay for the pig or anothe rfamily member does. Not always me.

i don't consider ₽20,000 such a bad amount to provide for a nice birthday for my wife.  My budget can manage it.  If it could not, I would let my wife know, and I'd not pay for it.

2 people like this

Whatever makes her happy, within reason, happy wife, happy life. 

6 people like this

31 minutes ago, Jawny said:

For my wife, I will typically have two parties.  One is for the immediate family (our children and ourselves) and the other is for the extended family.  For ourselves I don't really know the cost but it is usually a meal with some special food, a cake, gifts and such.

For the extended family the party sometimes will include a pig for lechon, lots of foods which I refer to as potluck, some drinks and such.  I don't recall the price, as it depends on whether I pay for the pig or anothe rfamily member does. Not always me.

i don't consider ₽20,000 such a bad amount to provide for a nice birthday for my wife.  My budget can manage it.  If it could not, I would let my wife know, and I'd not pay for it.

I pay for it all - always.

What ever my wife would like to do we do. If she wants a party then we party! I do like the family get togethers, always a good time.

4 people like this

Including non-invited party gate crashers that aren't even relatives and or not from the neighborhood? 

28 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

Including non-invited party gate crashers that aren't even relatives and or not from the neighborhood? 

If your asking me that would not be my concern. The family will handle that as they see fit.