Goetz1965

Why I choose Mercury Drug over Watson's Pharmacy.

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Recently I found the medicine against my excessive sweating (Driptane 5mg) - so I went to Mercury in Ayala and yes they have it and I get it without prescription.
Only its expensive with 25php/pill - so I asked around for cheaper prices.
Only Watsons in SM City had it in their system and told me its 23.5php - but "sorry out of stock"

When my supplies from Mercury ran out I went to Watsons in SM City (the one on 2nd floor right of the main entrance opposite Forever21) and asked - again "Sorry out of stock".
So I asked them if they can order 100 for me - usually thats too the purpose of a pharmacie - but they only looked stupid at me and said they cannot do this. I asked why - you are a pharmacie and thats your purpose - I asked for the boss so I could complain to him - but only "sorry hes unavailable" - so I asked again why they cant order it as it is in their system at 23.5php - answer was like "it hasnt been sold a long time so we cant order it". 
So my conclusion is - avoid Watsons if you need medical support !

The next day I went to Mercury Ayala again - and asked for my pills - as I bought them all the answer was "out of stock" - but the guy who serviced me the last two times already knew me.
So I asked him if they could order them for me (Mercury also has a sign telling "If we dont have your medicine we will help you finding where to get it").
He told me "No problem sir - how many you need - and - it usually takes 4 days but because holy week may take longer this time."
So I told him that I like 100 - he had no problem with that. Then he asked me if I still had enough stock myself and I answered "No only for today" - and asked him if he could check if another branch has supply. "How many you need" was his answer. Again I told 100 would be ok but if its 20 I also take.
So he went to the phone for about 5 minutes and came back telling me that Mercury Osmena has stock and I could fetch it there.
I thanked him and said that I then fetch it tomorrow on my way back home - but he told me that then he will get it delivered for me to Ayala so I can pick it up there.
Ok no problem for me - next day I went Ayala again and got my supplies - ok only 96 instead of 100 but hey I dont complain now.

Conclusion for me: Mercury Ayala is a pharmacie I can recommend in case you need medical supply !

Funny thing besides this... Mercury always asked me if I have "Mercury card" but until now I never got that.
So as I know going to spend more money there I asked if they can issue me the "Mercury card" ... Guess what answer I got ... "Sorry, out of stock" :)

Edited by Paul
Altered title. - Paul
1 person likes this

who the heck goes to Watson for meds.. I like to look at the sexy girls

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Don't sweat over the small stuff.

Edited by Highlighter
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This post has been edited , the Headline to the topic has been amended. 

Edited by oztony
requested and obliged
3 people like this

27 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

usually thats too the purpose of a pharmacie

I disagree. They are a retail sales outlet. Their purpose is to make profit for the owners.  And what they sell, and for what price, and to who they sell - is entirely their own decision.  You of course have the right to shop elsewhere.  You do not have the right to slander and libel them.

4 people like this

I wouldn't get that pissed off unless they were out of sildenafil.

I've been to Mercury, Watson's, Rose, Union Drug, Generica, some independents, and ALL of them were "out of stock" at one time or another.

Posted (edited)

As I see it he's just telling his story. If u love Watsons keep shopping there, if you don't go elsewhere. You can tell your story the way you like. You know who you are. Oh by the way I found that a lot when trying to order things here. They say we can't order just have to wait till it comes in

Edited by billy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well they do try to make money for there company  for sure,as does there company .Look at all the girls in there trying to sell all those creams and lotions  there Pro mo girls ,i don't know but maybe the manufactures pay there wage not the drug store.Same as in Metro they rent different sections  out to company's.As i found out buying my daughter a pair of shoes. I ask to speak to the supervisor .When she came  ,she tells me sorry sir there not our staff, there company rents this space so we have no direct control over them.  My point is with all the ladies on the floor in  the drug store you would think the line at the Pharmacy section , would be shorter and faster well it is not. That why i go to Mercury always early like 10 AM when the mall first opens, heck i don't like to stand in line to buy things.

Edited by tonny

I can't be certain of this, but perhaps Watson's has their stocks of products controlled more by the drug suppliers.  In effect, they sell what is supplied to them and that is determined by the drug company. 

I know that in my community, the Mercury store brings in their supplies from the Mercury warehouse.  So, they seem to supply themselves based upon what they (Mercury) sees as a product to sell.

Ive experienced this in non pharmacy retailers where the products are sold by the retailer, but it is the "representative" who determines what they will sell.  E.g. Samsung, etc determines what is to be sold.

I've found Mercury stores to be quite reliable with regard to customer needs.  I use Watsons mostly for non pharmacy needs.

Check the price at Rose Pharmacy, and if it is out of stock, they will order it for you. just tell them that you need so many pills the first week of every month. That way, they can establish a stocking level that will satisfy your needs and increase their regular sales. Ordering 100 pills at a time (unless you take 100 pills per month) doesn't help them because they never know when you will be in next.

I deal with the Rose Pharmacy at Insular Square, and they fill all of my prescriptions (a month's worth of seven kinds of pills) for me every month. I text them a few days before I want to pick my pills up to remind them, and they have my prescriptions ready and waiting when I go in to pick them up. I sent them a list of my monthly requirements by text, and now I am a contact in their cell phone.

It helps to deal with the same pharmacist every time (there are usually a few working in any given branch to cover different shifts). As long as the Rose Pharmacy pharmacist has a list to go by, there is no problem getting your pills every month.

2 people like this