Lee

Decent food in Cebu

96 posts in this topic

While each of us may have a different opinion of what food is good and what is bad, I have found that Kenny Rogers chicken and veggie bowl is decent, probably healthy to eat and on a par with what I would get back in Florida, so much so that we have eaten there quite a few times since trying it earlier this years stay. 

Any other food you find on a par with back home food?

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Lee said:

While each of us may have a different opinion of what food is good and what is bad, I have found that Kenny Rogers chicken and veggie bowl is decent, probably healthy to eat and on a par with what I would get back in Florida, so much so that we have eaten there quite a few times since trying it earlier this years stay. 

Any other food you find on a par with back home food?

Uhmmm, no?  :-)  I do agree about Kenny Rogers, if I'm on my own and don't have to worry about the to be then I eat there more often than not.  Actually, the pizza at Isla Ora Pizza Co. is decent.  Not outstanding, but on par with sort of a Z Pizza pie I think.  If you like that sort of pizza.

1 person likes this

I liked the ribs at Casa Verde in IT Park, good stuff...

2 people like this

Was offered  Kenny Rogers, tried it, not bad,  the potatoes were also good

My favorite now is Kublai Kan  add what I want to the bowl - and unlimited drinks 75 P

1 person likes this

hmmm, here is my list

Michelangelo - as good as if not better than some of the better American pizza joints

Abaca Baking Company - better than most US chains (Dennys, Cracker Barrel, etc)

The Social - top notch, clearly a winner and delicious food but higher prices

Kuya J - great Filipino food at reasonable prices.

Sunburst Café - great fried chicken and cole slaw

3 people like this

1 hour ago, TequilaSunset said:

I liked the ribs at Casa Verde in IT Park, good stuff...

Agreed, but there steaks disappoint me with all the gristle running through it...

What is it about pizzas? It got me banned from the topic, including Hot Wings. Must be that one has to have fancy taste in a fancy restaurant. Dominos and Yellow Cab just won't do for some.

47 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Abaca Baking Company

The wife and I and another couple had breakfast at the one in Ayala, I had a ham omelette and and the wife had corned beef with eggs and I do not remember what the other couple had but all of us were happy with our meals, and the coffee was decent too.

51 minutes ago, Enuff said:

The Social

We ate there some time ago with others couples and the food was also good but as you wrote, pricey and I can do without the smoking outside but we would go back.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Lee said:

The wife and I and another couple had breakfast at the one in Ayala, I had a ham omelette and and the wife had corned beef with eggs and I do not remember what the other couple had but all of us were happy with our meals, and the coffee was decent too.

Try Yolk on Tres Borces Padres St.  Should have thought of them earlier, but any mention of corned beef and I immediately think of them.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Lee said:

We ate there some time ago with others couples and the food was also good but as you wrote, pricey and I can do without the smoking outside but we would go back.

As has been said - terrible, acceptable, decent, and good are personnel preferences - I can't stand New York style pizza, hot dogs or KC barbecue sauces

I've mentioned Kublai Khan as a decent place if you're really hunger and like their style of "pick what you want and we cook it" offerings  -  The sauces hide the quality  of the meat

Not very hungry  tonight so ate a late lunch / early Florida dinner there  - 4:45 - 80 P including drink - 2 meats,  10 other selections, veggies, sauces, condiments, etc.Small bowl - just enough for me

Not a saucer - deeper than it looks

Note: no provision for "hotter than hell" so I brought my own

20170412_163438.jpg

Edited by lamoe
3 people like this