Salty Dog

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Does It Suck?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ (Plus) represent the most advanced Android smartphones on the market. The Galaxy S8 is not without it's quirks... It's got an unusual aspect ratio, lower than maximum screen resolution out of the box and no real enhancement to battery life (from the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge). That said the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are some of the more comfortable phones to hold. The change in aspect ratio give you a slender phone which still packs an enormous screen. The Galaxy S8 Plus has a 6.2-inch display and feels smaller in the hand than most 5.5-inch phones (including the iPhone 7 Plus and Google Pixel XL). The Samsung Galaxy S8 is likely the "screen champ" right now as well, with an amazing AMOLED panel and resolution up to 2,960 x 1,440 pixels. You will not be disappointed with the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. Still, the world of Android smartphones has advanced tremendously (especially in the $400 retail range) and many will find better value elsewhere. So what do you think, is the Samsung Galaxy S8 worth it's premium price tag?

Edited by Salty Dog
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is likely the current Android champ but no smartphone is perfect... In this review he aims to show you the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the Samsung Galaxy S8. The goal with this review is to give you as much information as possible.

This review should apply to both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus as he's referencing both throughout. The Only difference between the S8 and S8 Plus is screen size and battery size.

Edited by Salty Dog
1 person likes this

A few weeks back I decided to buy a Samsung as I'd heard good things about them.

Worse decision I've ever made. Just not a good phone. Nothing outstandingly bad, just in general not good.

KonC

I'm still using my Samsung Galaxcy Note 3. I'm happy and satisfied with it to date. If I find a better android phone with all the refined high tech bells and whistle, I may consider switching. Until then, I'll stay with my Note 3 for now.

21 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

If I find a better android phone with all the refined high tech bells and whistle, I may consider switching.Until then, I'll stay with my Note 3 f

so are you saying that the S8 :

1. isnt a better android phone ? or 

2, doesnt have all the refined hi teck bells and whistles ?

29 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

so are you saying that the S8 :

1. isnt a better android phone ? or 

2, doesnt have all the refined hi teck bells and whistles ?

I didn't. Some one else did with his post above mine. 

I had Samsungs for years, S2, S4, number of other smaller ones.

Switched to LG G4 last time, great phone, just has a manufacturing flaw which means it will bootloop some day soon.

Next phone will be a Motorola, wife has a Moto G3, great little phone, and only $260, I will get a Moto G4 Plus or G5 Plus when my LG dies, less than $400.

A few weeks back I decided to buy a Samsung as I'd heard good things about them.
Worse decision I've ever made. Just not a good phone. Nothing outstandingly bad, just in general not good.
KonC

I assume you're not talking about an S8, since they haven't starting selling them yet...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

For the last 10 years or so I always had the newest Samsung flagship phones, tablets etc. because I got used to the slick interface and dual-sim option with no technical issues at all. I became actually a Samsung guy.

Until I got involved in this famous NOTE 7 desaster or scam I should rather say. Having bought 3 (three) units in early September 2016 of this undoubtedly best phone I ever had, I turned my back on Samsung.

Going through the whole procedure, from changing the initial units for so called "replacement units" till the final recall along with threats and blackmailing from Samsung. I finally decided not to accept the unacceptable "offer" from Samsung, which would have cost me almost 1000$.

Being a quite pragmatic type of person, I'm not quick in suing but here I had no choice.

So if someone wants to purchase the new S8/S8+ you better wait a month or two after release.

Btw, the S7 edge is the better deal anyway. Since it has the same hardware as the S8 and the iris scanner (useless) and bigger screen isn't worth it.

You can snap a brand new S7 edge on OLX for 20k

20161016_165702.jpg