shadow

Terrorism scares again

13 posts in this topic

Bit close to home Larry , I just clicked the link and I have mutual friends with the poster..

1 person likes this

That is disturbing since I live on Siquijor.  I am not sure what kind of opportunists these terrorists are and if they would hit a small guesthouse near the beach.  I am not far from better pickings down the beach but still this makes me a bit nervous.  There are many tourists in San Juan on the other side of the island.  I just wonder if they already have picked their targets or will just cruise along the beaches to look for tourist activities.  Too bad our dogs are not trained to attack on command, although they do bark, but since we have no weapons to protect ourselves, we would be easy.  If they took me, they would not get much since I live on a small pension, and the US government is NOT going to pay a ransom.  Better to end it quickly and force them to kill me rather than live under torture and uncertainty about which day they are going to cut off my head.  This is one of the first times I wished I lived in the mountains, far from the beach.

Other than the Kuya, what source is there for this information?  

5 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Other than the Kuya, what source is there for this information?  

That woman is from a very wealthy family , she has friends within my wife's family ,

Highly educated , Silliman University .....and I believe the information was given to her by her cousin who is a member of SWAT ....I , myself , would consider it to be credible...

1 person likes this

From a Dumaguete news page;

#HukadScoop

NegOr on Heightened Alert Status. All Resort owners will be called tomorrow for a security breifing at the Capitol.

The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), the Philippine National Police, and the Armed Forces of the Philippines are on heightened alert following intelligence reports a group of suspected terrorists were spotted in the vicinity of the province of Siquijor earlier this week.

Dumaguete PCG commander Lt Jr Grade Dona Lisa Ramacho said the information was relayed to the Maritime Safety and Security Task Group of Task Force Leon Kilat, and that measures are undertaken in close coordination with other law enforcement units on the ground.

Ramacho has ordered all the seaports in her area of responsibility to establish passenger assistance desks in Negros Oriental including Siquijor island for the safety and security of passengers.

She said additional personnel were also deployed in Apo Island, along with the army and the police in view of the report.

Coastal barangays are also alerted for possible intrusion and to immediately report presence of suspected looking individuals or groups found in their respective areas of jurisdictions.

Ramacho made it clear these are all part of the nationwide implementation of Oplan Ligtas Biyahe for the Lenten season

Report by Choy Gallarde

2 people like this

Claymores around the perimeter and guns to all the employees / staff / family. They come for ya, put 'em in the ground. 

1 hour ago, Kreole said:

I live on a small pension, and the US government is NOT going to pay a ransom.  Better to end it quickly and force them to kill me rather than live under torture and uncertainty

I will die before I allow myself to be cuffed or tied.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Dafey said:

I will die before I allow myself to be cuffed or tied.

Me too

2 people like this

Just now, Lee said:

Me too

+1

Feck 'em. If they want to take me, they will work for it.

2 people like this