Jawny

Speakers for television

40 posts in this topic

I have a Samsung flat screen which works just fine, but the sound has degraded somehow.  I use the menu to adjust the sound between the choices offered (music, clear voice, etc). This makes little difference.

I'd like to buy a couple of speakers (or just one of appropriate) so the sound comes from the speaker, not the TV.  I assume it is going to improve the quality of sound.

i use a CIGNAL decoder box for input.  

Do memvers have experience with buying some sort of speakers with amplifier either separate or built in?

I do NOT want to spend a lot to get "theater quality sound" or surround sound.  Just want to hear the dialogue. 

I saw some systems in many stores during a recent visit to Ayala mall.  None of the sales people seemed interested or aware of what I wanted.  The prices ranged from a few thousand to much higher for the surround sound systems.

Suggestions of what I should ask for?   

Posted (edited)

Try a sound bar? They sell them in stores that sell TV's.  I'll see if I can find an example.  Okay here's an example.

http://www.bestsoundspeakers.com/tv-sound-bar-get-good-audio-quality-for-your-tv/

TV-sound-bar.jpg

Edited by Skywalker
searched for a picture
3 people like this

My television does not have Bluetooth.  I didn't see any wires to the sound bar.  I had assumed i would connect, by wires, the soeaker(s) to the input device, the CIGNAL decoder.

Read the article.  Not all sound bars use bluetooth.  It's a learning process.

The soundbar I have on my TV in Florida plugs into the audio out of the TV and also plugs into the house power.

1 person likes this

I had the same problem.. mostly when I plug in a thumb drive to play a movie.

I have a 48" TCL (smart) tv. smarter than I am anyway..The sound seems to be regulated from the cable box (Air Cable) I bought a 3.1 speaker system (RCA jacks) and so far have had little luck.

If i crank the cable box vol before I start a movie?.. i am stuck at that volume unless i go and turn it down at bass amp, the tv's vol control is useless..even then while I usually spill some popcorn on the floor.. i cannot get it in a comfortable place..

I have kind of given up on it.. I have a 24" widescreen monitor and a 7.1 surround (creative labs speakers with sound blaster card w/2 synced high end video cards) on my pc.

I gave up on tv

My TV doesn't have Bluetooth. It connects to the soundbar with a optical digital audio cable. The sound bar has Bluetooth though and can be used by our phones, tablets and laptop.

50m_optical_cable_kenable_ltd_light.jpg.a776d88bad408602c313b42144cf4714.jpgav321_rear_panel_optical.gif.735c2f71914131beff2b5fb9450784fb.gif

1 person likes this

I Do have an optIcal audio out as well as digital audio out from the tv.  No RCA out.  I will search for a sound bar which uses these choices.  As well, self powered.  

good luck...

could you p.m. your exact tv model number.. thanks