bounder

Australian businessman stabbed dead by helper

AN AUSTRALIAN businessman was stabbed to death by his helper at his house in Sitio Ilahod, Barangay To-oy in Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, on Saturday.

Police identified the fatality as Warren Hill, 74.

Investigation showed that Hill had a heated argument with 20-year-old Robert Flores of Kabankalan City when he learned that the suspect was planning to sleep with his female co-worker.

Hill confronted the suspect and fired him. Flores, armed with a double bladed knife, stabbed his employer.

Hill sustained two stab wounds, and was declared dead at a hospital.

Flores fled and hid inside a sugarcane plantation.

Inspector Raymundo Franco, deputy chief of Himamaylan City Police Station, said the police cordoned the sugarcane field, but as of 3 p.m. Sunday, the suspect failed to surface.

Franco said they coordinated with Flores's parents to help them negotiate their son's surrender.

Murder charges will be filed against Flores.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/local-news/2017/03/20/australian-businessman-stabbed-dead-helper-531986

I spoke with a next door neighbor who gave a slightly different version of events, but will let the news story stand. I do want to comment that we foreigners are all visitors in this country and should remember that at all times.  Treat others as we would like to be treated and that is all I have to say on this particular topic.

3 minutes ago, bounder said:

Treat others as we would like to be treated

I don't understand what your words of advice in this  situation mean. 

I do appreciate that if I don't want other people to stab me then I shouldn't stab them .

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I do appreciate that if I don't want other people to stab me then I shouldn't stab them .

The irony in that statement is just too funny for words.

• Like 3

Unless Mr Hill was already involved with the female co-worker, what they may do together while not working, was none of his business.

• Like 7

Unless he was getting it on with the man help and was jealous of the female help. :unsure: 

22 minutes ago, bounder said:

Investigation showed that Hill had a heated argument with 20-year-old Robert Flores of Kabankalan City when he learned that the suspect was planning to sleep with his female co-worker.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paul said:

Unless Mr Hill was already involved with the female co-worker, what they may do together while not working, was none of his business.

I consider what my employees do in my house very much my business.   And as an employer the law deems him to be in a position of trust and he has a duty to protect his employees. You will notice that it doesn't say that the co-workers were planning to sleep together- it says that " the suspect was planning to sleep with his female co-worker " - which sounds much less consensual.

But yes, it it was consensual , and done outside the house, that is a different matter. However if my employees were in a relationship I would replace at least one of them . Often the only protection we have from what helpers do is that the other helpers will rat them out. That doesnt happen if they are fecking together ! 

49 minutes ago, Skywalker said:

The irony in that statement is just too funny for words.

Perhaps you would like to elaborate on that off topic  comment so we can all enjoy the joke ??   If you want to start something have at it .

• Like 2

Next we will read he died of "natural causes".

2 hours ago, bounder said:

I do want to comment that we foreigners are all visitors in this country and should remember that at all times. 

Its strange (and funny) I see these comments quite often here. Yes, I am visiting now and I consider myself as a visitor, but when I worked in Manila it never felt this way nor ever came this term to my mind. Even all my expats friends (and retirees there) had never this feeling nor was it ever mentioned that we were visitors. We were living there (Manila) and it felt like you are in other countries -  you may be a foreigner or immigrant (called whatever you like), but not visitor! You were always treated as one of them - in and out the office. I paid my taxses and I had all the rights and duties of the Fiilippinos (except not allowed to vote). Maybe Manila is in this respect different than Cebu or remote cities, villages) or maybe it is just the "visitors" themselves that make it different. 

Edited by Cgu

1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Perhaps you would like to elaborate on that off topic  comment so we can all enjoy the joke ??   If you want to start something have at it .

Better yet, if you wish to enjoy the joke, send him a PM.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

if you don't want other people to stab you

you should shoot them

• Like 9