Salty Dog

Filipino brides share the ups and downs of settling in America

24 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Richard Novac, 48, and his wife Evangeline, 32, met on CherryBlossoms.com and have been married seven years. Evangeline says she always dreamed of marrying an American man and moving to the states.

Yeah, that's them! Don't know how you found them. He used to sign his Posts:

Richard Novac (with a "c", not a "k") :rolleyes:

Be sure to check out the slideshow on the follow up article . I see us americans havent lost our sense of fashion ! Interesting article overall 

One of the biggest drawbacks I see with Philippinas marrying western men and settling in the US is the men.   I have met far too many that I would not let adopt a dog, matter of fact if they were puppys I could call the SPCA and have them removed. 

How they managed to get to the PI's and get through the immigration process is beyond me?  

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Jester said:

One of the biggest drawbacks I see with Philippinas marrying western men and settling in the US is the men.   I have met far too many that I would not let adopt a dog, matter of fact if they were puppys I could call the SPCA and have them removed. 

How they managed to get to the PI's and get through the immigration process is beyond me?  

They hire us!

We have sent quite a few girls to the US over the years, where we did not feel very comfortable doing so for one reason or the other. Two in particular we tried to talk out of going, or to make her man deposit $1000 into a private bank account in her name only in case of emergency. 

6 people like this

Is there a point to this article?  Other than the fact there are good looking women in the Philippines that do not consider age gap an issue?  It points out a whole bunch of success stories and lightly touches on the issues.  It is not all bubble gum and gum drops, cultural issues are huge and bigger that this article seem to make it.  

3 people like this

49 minutes ago, shadow said:

They hire us!

We have sent quite a few girls to the US over the years, where we did not feel very comfortable doing so for one reason or the other. Two in particular we tried to talk out of going, or to make her man deposit $1000 into a private bank account in her name only in case of emergency. 

These XXXX would get that $1000 out in a couple days! 

When the wife is out of sorts I do mention, you know you could be married to so and so  :D

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, USMC-Retired said:

Is there a point to this article?  Other than the fact there are good looking women in the Philippines that do not consider age gap an issue?  It points out a whole bunch of success stories and lightly touches on the issues.  It is not all bubble gum and gum drops, cultural issues are huge and bigger that this article seem to make it.  

I think the point of the article is a negative slant toward older american men with " looking for a petite wife "  " husbands pouring mixed drinks " and the victimish " debt of graditude " ....... Drunk american men looking for a young skinny wife that acts likes she owes him something IS what the author is really trying to imply ...... Most guys dream of this scenario but sadly enough its just not cool to say so    

16 minutes ago, b7335920 said:

I think the point of the article is a negative slant toward older american men with " looking for a petite wife "  " husbands pouring mixed drinks " and the victimish " debt of graditude " ....... Drunk american men looking for a young skinny wife that acts likes she owes him something IS what the author is really trying to imply ...... Most guys dream of this scenario but sadly enough its just not cool to say so    

Yeas, I see what you mean. :sarcasm:

Capture.JPG.70601ff2d432546cf918d98df884cf04.JPG

Jenny Slavic, 25, and her husband Brent, 35, stand with their daughters Amanda, 7, and Aliyah, 2.

Maybe you should research the article and author. 

It was written as a feel good piece. Maybe it's over simplistic, but it wasn't meant to be anything more than that.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, b7335920 said:

I see us americans havent lost our sense of fashion ! I

This one left me confused as to what he is wearing int he photo.    Read the caption.

invisibleman.jpg.f38ae372d74d0d4a3b0cb7e80ff8a59b.jpg

If it was meant as a feel-good article, perhaps it should not have focused on abuse and violence towards the beginning...