Buko Beach

Everything You Always Wanted to Ask About Cebu Condos, But Were Afraid To Ask

53 posts in this topic

I have been poking around looking at various Cebu Condos (both pre-selling and RTO) and have a few questions.

Every unit has it's own water and Veco meters, where are they usually located?

Inside the unit, or somewhere external?

5 minutes ago, Buko Beach said:

Our electric meter is in the Electric Room near the transformer by the elevators. The water meter is just outside the front door in a small enclosed space.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Buko Beach said:

I have been poking around looking at various Cebu Condos (both pre-selling and RTO) and have a few questions.

Inside the unit, or somewhere external?

Each building will usually be different from what I have seen, our electric meter is downstairs on the main floor with all the other meters, our water shut off and meter is in a locked closet in the staircase on our floor not too far from the garbage chute.

When buying or renting, try to get as far away from the elevators and garbage chute.

6 people like this

Do you have access to the meters, and does each meter have a tag/label on it that identifies it as belonging to a certain unit?

Just now, Buko Beach said:

Do you have access to the meters, and does each meter have a tag/label on it that identifies it as belonging to a certain unit?

I can go in to look at the meter when the plumber comes up to turn on or off my water or I ask the admin to but otherwise it is locked and yes it is (poorly) marked on the meter cover which unit it is for.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Buko Beach said:

Yes to both meters.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

My water meter is inside a small access point in the hallway on my floor (nearby my door). Electric meter is in the electric room on my floor. I have no access to either, but have managed to look at them as these panels / room were opened a few times.

Edited by Mikala
Corrected time to plural
2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Buko Beach said:

In my case, the water meter is clearly indicated in a cupboard on the same floor. I haven't looked for the electricity meter, but my bill comes directly from Veco, so they clearly have access.

3 people like this

Ok, from the replies, the meters are generally located outside your unit. I was wondering about random condo employees entering the unit to check the meter and the potential for items to go missing when I'm not there.

I assume each unit has it's own main water shut-off valve, and a dedicated electric panel inside the unit where it would be possible to completely turn everything off when going away for any length of time?

2 minutes ago, Buko Beach said:

assume each unit has it's own main water shut-off valve, and a dedicated electric panel inside the unit where it would be possible to completely turn everything off when going away for any length of time?

Yes to both. Also we can have a worker shut off the main electric panel in the Electric Room. But we only turn off the water when the Condo will be empty.

1 person likes this