• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Buko Beach

NFL 2017

18 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, samatm said:

I like the browns... I think most NFL Fans have a soft spot for the Brownies..   STill not real crzy about their trade for Brock Oswiler though.    Thats an expensive 2nd round draft choice. 

He may end up starting...even if we draft a QB with #12 pick, we seem to go though 3 or 4 a season let him be one of the Spartans and come back on his shield and only two roster qbs and on practice:lol: squad to go 

4 hours ago, Buko Beach said:

Absolutely not, and I agree with you about the POS. I just thought it's ironic (and hilarious)  that ol' Kap was a disrespectful a-hole to the flag, the fans and the league, and expects to be a starter for another team. He's a total distraction and playing the race card didn't help him. 

Especially that ridiculous afro trying to make him look blacker than he is.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, ugly american said:

He may end up starting...even if we draft a QB with #12 pick, we seem to go though 3 or 4 a season let him be one of the Spartans and come back on his shield and only two roster qbs and on practice:lol: squad to go 

Well, here's what I think might happen. The Browns approach the Patriots with an offer they can't refuse. They want Garoppolo, in exchange the Browns will trade the Number 12 (1st round) pick, either the 33rd pick (2nd round) or the 96th pick (2nd round) plus... another 2018 mid-late round pick.

It's a win-win for both teams.

The browns can still draft Myles Garrett number 1 over-all, and now they get a ready to go starting quarterback with the 12th pick (Garoppolo) and they still have a second rounder and many other mid-late round picks.

Belichick likes Garoppolo, but if he's offered the right combination of draft picks, he will trade him. The Patriots traded their first round pick to the Saints in exchange for speedster Brandin Cooks (WR), and they don't have a second round pick either, so Belichick must have something up his sleeve.

1 person likes this

A rumour that's floating around the league....

Sean Payton (Saints) is thinking about signing free-agent and major drunk /party boy

Johnny Manziel as a backup QB.

Confirmed today at the NFL Winter meetings, the Raiders are on the move to Vegas, which will be interesting.

The players will love the much improved tax situation in Nevada, but every home game for the Raiders will most-likely be filled with fans from the other team looking to watch a game and enjoy a party weekend away from the ball and chain.

I wonder if a team name change is also in the offing. There certainly has to be a name that would be more fitting to Las Vegas.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I wonder if a team name change is also in the offing. There certainly has to be a name that would be more fitting to Las Vegas.

Word on the street is... Mark Davis plans to keep the Raider name, but he has a few lame-duck years left in Oakland to make up his mind one way or the other.

On 3/21/2017 at 11:26 AM, Buko Beach said:

Well, here's what I think might happen. The Browns approach the Patriots with an offer they can't refuse. They want Garoppolo, in exchange the Browns will trade the Number 12 (1st round) pick, either the 33rd pick (2nd round) or the 96th pick (2nd round) plus... another 2018 mid-late round pick.

It's a win-win for both teams.

The browns can still draft Myles Garrett number 1 over-all, and now they get a ready to go starting quarterback with the 12th pick (Garoppolo) and they still have a second rounder and many other mid-late round picks.

Belichick likes Garoppolo, but if he's offered the right combination of draft picks, he will trade him. The Patriots traded their first round pick to the Saints in exchange for speedster Brandin Cooks (WR), and they don't have a second round pick either, so Belichick must have something up his sleeve.

I* think the real trick here is if the patriots can figure out a way to hang onto Garoppolo.  For a number of years really, so it's not going to be easy, probably impossible.  

The pats weren't going to do better than Cooks and Gilmore in the 1st 2 rounds, they either get to keep Butler or they get a 1st or 2nd out of him, they shored things up in a few other areas already, I don't think they'd be overly alarmed about going into the draft as things stand now.  Unless there's someone they're really interested in...