Buko Beach

NFL 2017

24 posts in this topic

A new league year is upon us, and with free-agency in full swing and the draft coming up there's no shortage of action off the field.

How did your favorite team fair in free agency...

and who do you want them to draft?

1 person likes this

:wub: PROUD BROWNS FAN WE ARE #32.

:any-help:

3 people like this

WE  (Speaking for America) lost our defensive backfield practically...and still not shed of Romo.  The saga continues..  To the Texans or Broncos...who is it gonna be?     And our star running back Ezekiel Elliot -proved to be a fool by exposing a woman's tit in public while swiggin' on brew...all caught on cam going viral..   So he could be suspended for several games .   (Not a great Free Agency so far... ) 

1 hour ago, ugly american said:

:wub: PROUD BROWNS FAN WE ARE #32.

:any-help:

I like the browns... I think most NFL Fans have a soft spot for the Brownies..   STill not real crzy about their trade for Brock Oswiler though.    Thats an expensive 2nd round draft choice. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, samatm said:

WE  (Speaking for America) lost our defensive backfield practically...and still not shed of Romo.  The saga continues..  To the Texans or Broncos...who is it gonna be?     And our star running back Ezekiel Elliot -proved to be a fool by exposing a woman's tit in public while swiggin' on brew...all caught on cam going viral..   So he could be suspended for several games .   (Not a great Free Agency so far... ) 

jerry jones is fricking with romo , he wont cut him loose yet knowing that they arnt gonna keep him but he doesnt want the Texans to grab him because then there will be a power struggle in texas over whom the fans will pay attention to. A team that now has the fan favorite romo in the texans or a 2nd year qb who may flop with the cowboys. Jerry dont want to lose ticket sales to the texans if they do good and cowboys suck.

23 minutes ago, throttleplate said:

jerry jones is fricking with romo , he wont cut him loose yet knowing that they arnt gonna keep him but he doesnt want the Texans to grab him because then there will be a power struggle in texas over whom the fans will pay attention to. A team that now has the fan favorite romo in the texans or a 2nd year qb who may flop with the cowboys. Jerry dont want to lose ticket sales to the texans if they do good and cowboys suck.

It wouldn't look good if the Cowboys slumped and the Texans or Broncos surged to the Superbowl...and a Cowboy slump is a real possibility..as with their 13-3 record  means will have a really Hard schedule next year paired up against much stronger teams and playoff contenders.  Last years 2016 schedule was a cake walk based upon the Cowboys dismal 2015 outing.        I dont think Jerry is too worried about the Texans Fans base growing... in fact i think he hopes it would be stronger and that the Cowboys / Texans rivalry could actually be a Thing.    It would be huge payday  for the Texans from a marketing point to land Romo and Jerry knows this.   Romos value to the Team (franchise)  is much more than his on field performance...its about box office sales and expansion of the brand.   Jerry is smart and knows that Romo is to valuable to just give away..  I think the Texans will pony up -- or  Denver ..  Jerry doesnt need to be in rush .. he is holding all the cardz.

I seriously doubt anyone will trade for Romo with the way his contract is structured now. They (Broncos, Texans) will wait until Romo is released to go after him. Romo is due his first payment from the Cowboys on June 1st so they have until that date to trade him, but I expect Romo to be released.

Giving up a draft pick doesn't make sense, they can get him on a cheaper deal if Romo signs a new contract so why pay more to get a guy that might not be a durable long-term solution at QB.

The one guy that thought he was doing the right thing (Kaepernick 49ers) by sitting for the National anthem last season, has realized no one wants an idiot distraction in their locker room and he remains unsigned. It's finally nice to see him get served some humble pie and I pray he goes unsigned. He actually opted out of his 2017 $14million contract with the 49ers, thinking he could get another starting job no problem.

Now Spike Lee has come out online calling for the Jets to sign Kaepernick, and he thinks it's "fishy" no team has moved to sign the former QB. 

1 person likes this

Interesting development...

The FBI, along with the Houston PD and Texas Rangers have tracked down and recovered Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl 51 game worn jersey, and Brady's game worn Super Bowl 49 jersey, both were recovered in Mexico.

According to the statement released by the NFL, a member of the International media was present at both events and stole both jersey's.

After authentication the FBI will return the jersey's to the G.O.A.T (Tom Brady). I think Tom planned all along to give his Super Bowl 51 game jersey to his mom (who is fighting cancer) so expect to see a nice picture posted online of his mom wearing the jersey sometime soon.

C7XTtBVVoAA0zlI.jpg:large

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698992-tom-bradys-missing-super-bowl-51-jersey-reportedly-located-by-fbi-nfl-security

1 hour ago, Buko Beach said:

Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl 51 game worn jersey, and Brady's game worn Super Bowl 49 jersey, both were recovered in Mexico.

Wonder how many of those you can get printed up in Mexico for $1000?

9 hours ago, Buko Beach said:

e thinks it's "fishy" no team has moved to sign the former QB. 

Heavy on the term, former.  Nothing fishy about it.  The guy's a worthless POS.  Are you missing something here?

6 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Wonder how many of those you can get printed up in Mexico for $1000?

Heavy on the term, former.  Nothing fishy about it.  The guy's a worthless POS.  Are you missing something here?

Absolutely not, and I agree with you about the POS. I just thought it's ironic (and hilarious)  that ol' Kap was a disrespectful a-hole to the flag, the fans and the league, and expects to be a starter for another team. He's a total distraction and playing the race card didn't help him.