Shrek484

Internet

16 posts in this topic

PLDT FIBR. (Cebu) Excellent when it works. And literally everyone will likely say no internet will work to any respectable standard here. When it works it is a vast improvement over what was available even a few years ago. But seriously blowing smoke if anybody says any internet is great here. When it works I can stream and download HD movies. Rates vary but it is expensive. P2K +++ not unusual. Best of terribly limited choices, for me.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, delancey said:

PLDT FIBR. (Cebu) Excellent when it works.

I've noticed that PLDT DSL is available almost everywhere, while PLDT Fibr is available almost nowhere, at least where I've been looking . Looks like my best option will be PLDT DSL @ 3000 per month...or literally my only option.

1 person likes this

I had a PLDT telephone line type hookup in Cebu (Mabolo) and like several girls I have known, when it was good it was very good but when it was bad it was Fing awful.

I complained several times about being continually disconnected for a minute or so and was eventually presented with a printout of my connection. On one particular 24 hour day I was disconnected 48 times for 2 seconds to 4 minutes.

Their answer, "we give no guarantee regarding continuity of service"

Whatever service you sign up for, expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

KonC

1 person likes this

PLDT sucked in our condo, we had it for about 6 years and it was out many times a day and never gave me the speed I was paying for until I went and complained to the manager at the Jones street branch and asked her if she went to the store and bought 10 bananas and came home to find only 3 in her bag would she be happy, she was very nice and fixed the problem that day and it was good for a year or so until one day a rep called my wife and told her that they were going to speed up our connection for free and give us nationwide calling for free, my wife foolishly said okay and that was the last time our connection worked decent and no amount of complaining worked that time and we did not get nationwide calling either, thus why I now use LTE for the months we are here for the last few years, cost me less and works better most of the time. 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, KennyF said:

On one particular 24 hour day I was disconnected 48 times for 2 seconds to 4 minutes.

Damn.

Strange that not only are there internet cafes everywhere, but the few times I've used them they are  fast... dozens and dozens of gamers on fast connections.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, RangerUp said:

Damn.

Strange that not only are there internet cafes everywhere, but the few times I've used them they are  fast... dozens and dozens of gamers on fast connections.

Commercial gets priority, so get a business line and it will probably work well but that takes a business license etc,

Edited by Lee
1 person likes this