Goetz1965

Need advice for a good skindoctor and clinic outside the phils

11 posts in this topic

As I dont find any usefull information with google on that special topic I like to ask you guys.

Back in germany I started to have excessive sweating - and unfortunately here in the phils is no skindoctor capable for this PLUS the medication isnt even available.
I cant get it online as a prescription is needed - and please no discussion or "well meant tips" about that here in this thread.

As I know that many people fly abroad for a medical checkup 1-2 times per year - i now like to ask you (you can send me PM too if you dontwant to share private information here) if you can recommend me a good clinic within asia - I heard that bangkok is good - but maybe there are also good clinics "nearer"?
Im especially looking for a good skin department - but any good clinic would help me as then I can ask by email.

Thanks.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to go anywhere other than Thailand/ Bangkok.  But that is a personal opinion not to be taken as advice.

If I did not get any good info here I would join   http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/   or another Thai expat forum and ask there.

HTH  Jester

You might check out Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok (Sukhumvit). They are very professionally staffed and run extremely well. My experience there is quite limited, but I was impressed. The only unimpressive part was the fees...

Ok, Ill ask that clinic if they know my condition and would be able to support me.

Posted (edited)

Is Australia too far? Perth to be specific? if not, i have a 100% confident recommendation.
The best skin doctor here didnt even have the appropriate viewing light for detecting cancerous lumps

Edited by Rebuilder86

3 hours ago, Mikala said:

You might check out Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok (Sukhumvit). They are very professionally staffed and run extremely well. My experience there is quite limited, but I was impressed. The only unimpressive part was the fees...

I went to Bumrungrad one time and it was super cheap, a while back I admit.    

Australia isnt too far - just send me a PM then if you like Rebuilder86

Sorry to tell you guys - but Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok just failed - they clearly show that they just want to make money with their answer:
The girl answering the emals directly suggest Botox as treatment - No further info about the qualification of ther skin doctors - only prices that are "1000 or 2000 or more" bath 
With this style of "service" I also can go to a local skin doctor here - hahaha

Dear Mr. Goetz ...., 
Greetings from Bumrungrad International Hospital. 
Regarding your inquiries about excessive sweating, kindly be informed that the possible treatment is Botox. For Botulinum injection (BOTOX™), treatment starts from 10,000 Baht** depending on the areas and units required.
Best regards,
Pichet 
Email Management

But why wouldnt u want ur hands to look like barbara streisands face?? 

Philipinos wouldnt even answer an email, they would sell ur email adress to medical advertising companies.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Sorry to tell you guys - but Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok just failed - they clearly show that they just want to make money with their answer:
The girl answering the emals directly suggest Botox as treatment - No further info about the qualification of ther skin doctors - only prices that are "1000 or 2000 or more" bath 
With this style of "service" I also can go to a local skin doctor here - hahaha

Dear Mr. Goetz ...., 
Greetings from Bumrungrad International Hospital. 
Regarding your inquiries about excessive sweating, kindly be informed that the possible treatment is Botox. For Botulinum injection (BOTOX™), treatment starts from 10,000 Baht** depending on the areas and units required.
Best regards,
Pichet 
Email Management

I suggested one of the Thai expat forums and still do.  My experience at Bumrungrad was it is a modern facility with a very competent staff. If I came down with anything out of the ordinary I would be on the first plane to Thailand. Do you really think they have a Dermatologist answering email inquirery's? Your email was likely answered by a Philippina in a call center in Dumaghetti.  

Edited by Jester