Tullioz

Senator Sotto says more than half of Filipino drivers are stupid

We are in the USA now and my wife had never driven in the Philippines. I taught her and she drove on her learners permit for a couple of months. She took to it amazingly quick. She nearly aced her driving test. She's been on her own now for about a year and a half. She has a Filipina friend that has been here 10 years and is still too afraid to drive. Another who has her license, but can't park or backup and has had several fender benders.

Sent From Tab S2 Using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@salty dog Show them how to use Waze and they really get out and go lol

My wife has had her Florida drivers license for around 22 years now and drives pretty darn good, she also had problems backing up judging distance from parked cars, as do I now being unable to turn my body around as I used to when I was younger, so a backup camera solved that, but she does not wish to drive in the Philippines and luckily with inexpensive taxis in Cebu, she does not have to.

1 hour ago, Lee said:

My wife has had her Florida drivers license for around 22 years now and drives pretty darn good, she also had problems backing up judging distance from parked cars, as do I now being unable to turn my body around as I used to when I was younger, so a backup camera solved that, but she does not wish to drive in the Philippines and luckily with inexpensive taxis in Cebu, she does not have to.

Thank God for backup sensors and backup cameras. They are wonderful.

• Like 2

My problem with backing out is 2 fold.  

1.  Once putting the vehicle in reverse and starting back there will always be a handful of idiots, peds, trikes, scooters, that interpret this as a signal to go behind me from either direction.  I know mom made it very clear when I was 4 to stay away from a moving car, especially a backing car, and going behind it was not just stupid but rude.  

2.  Second, there is often some helpful twit that wants to stand behind me and give unintelligible signals,  GTFO!! and read # 1.  I've been backing up since before your grandpa had a gleam in his eye and I don't need (yet another) moron behind me.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 5