Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liquido

Davao-Cebu-Mabolo Area Hotel

3 posts in this topic

Just to say I have done this many times in the last couple years and generally have did my travels on a Sunday..This time I arrived today tuesday around 11:15am at Cebu airport from Davao..I jumped in a taxi very fast and started heading towards the new bridge clear sailing yeah right,upon reaching the top of the bridge traffic came to a halt thinking a possible accident..wrong..the driver said its like this all the time..WTF happened? Weather was good and no construction..Finally got to the first light to make the left turn into mandaue..Traffic of course was horrendous and then we hit that light where the timer said 199 mins..Finally got to my destination close to SM mall..It took well over 45mins(maybe thats good) actually longer than my flight..I know traffic is bad here but I did not know it was that bad..I will go to the North bus terminal very early tomorrow morning to go Bantayan Island knowing the first hour going north will be brutal..I learned my lesson,only Sunday arrivals here from now on..........    

Yes, the road between Pacific Mall and the new bridge is named UN Avenue, and it was absolutely fine until about a year ago. It was the 2nd best road in all of Cebu... virtually always clear. Then the powers that be changed something. I don't know how they did it, but that road is now almost always jammed... both ways.

1 person likes this

Mandaue traffic is horrible after 7:00 AM and before say 9:00 PM. Saturdays are doable if early arrival.