Rebuilder86

Funny or strange things Filipino staff have done or said to you

i have witnessed some pretty amazing cultural differences when shopping for things here, and so have others that i know. id like to hear yours too.

1. Another expat was in a small store somewhere and asked for some beers take away "please just warm ones", so the girl put the beers in the microwave.
2. When buying a cheap angle grinder in Metro, i took the grinder off the shelf walked to the counter and a young dong who was trying to help me took it from the counter and put it back on the shelf. So i walked back up to him and said," no its ok ill take it", NO SIR THIS ONE IS NOT GOOD he said. (great anti-marketing)
3. I Bought some big speakers for the villages sound system at Grand Mall. I said, do you have new ones in a box? NO SIR LAST STOCK. Next day, brand new speakers on display.
4. Exact same thing one week later this time with a gas burner cook-top which had a dent in it. i paid full price again. when i came back the next day and saw a fresh one on display again, this prompted a complaint from me to management who said that was not company policy and then watched him fire 5 staff who were so passionate about their assigned product sections that they were willing to cycle slow selling stock on their own account to keep everything looking fresh and clean. At the expense of the unsuspecting customer. Not to mention the waste of resources, setting up a new product every time one sells and then trying to dismantle it on sale and package it back up again.
5. Buying a lounge suite from a large furniture company, where the cashier didnt know what a credit card was, and let me put the sale through his eftpos machine, literally i did the push button entry and showed him how it worked :|
6. Got my jeeps clear windows redone at a little upholstery shop on the street. i had forgotten i left my sunglasses well hidden under the seat. When i went to pick up the jeep the sunnies were missing, when i looked around, i saw his kids playing with them in pieces on the dirt.

Let me hear soem of yours, i love these stories, i think they are great and they keep me sane.

• Like 5

A bunch of us arrive at Coco Amigos for New Year's dinner and drinks.
Waitress gives us the menus and hovers about with her ordering pad at the ready.
We look things over and start to order.
Waitress says, "Sorry, sir.  The kitchen is closed."
Waitress takes up the menus and walks off.
We sit there stunned and then start to giggle uncontrollably.  

• Like 10

BAAAAHAHAAAHHA
Love it

well this is just interesting, i laughes so hard that i had to show my GF, she didnt understand what was wrong with the scenario in your post!!

5 hours ago, Rebuilder86 said:

some beers take away "please just warm ones", so the girl put the beers in the microwave.

You do realize this could not happen right.  The explosion would be epic.  

apparently the lid was off! and she served them microwaved beer.
I wasnt there, but i also questioned the metal lid.

it was a south african chap, you couldnt make that shit up. and in this country, i believe it.

Do this take a Beer open it up place it in the Microwave minus the lid.  ( do not forget that or you will die)  

Put it on high power for 2 mins.  Then when done get a mop.  The expanding gas will cause it flow all over the place.  

The joke was on him.  

39 minutes ago, USMC-Retired said:

You do realize this could not happen right.  The explosion would be epic.  

Saw same here - not beer - at gas station - customer with metal can of those small sausages -  he was scared sh*tless when we yelled at him to stop - 3rd world - didn't speak English.

OP didn't say if customer stopped her.

When I first moved here and was showing my nieces how a microwave oven works.

i put a P 500.00 note in and turned it on so show that paper would not heat up.

WRONG....  It burst into flames 🔥.   That metal strip will do it every time.

I don't know what was worse, losing the  P 500.00 or having to withstand my nieces telling me how smart I was.   And I thought Filipinos don't understand sarcasm.  

• Like 6

I hav microwaved knives and forks in my old trusty NATIONAL microwave in oz and seen the sparks but never an explosion. :s

The story when told to me , never did conclude with anything more than ( she put the beer in the microwave).