Davaoeno

USD wanted

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am once again looking for some USD.  I will pay better than the rate from the bank.   If I know you it can even be deposited into a Canadian or US account . I will pay you Php cash in either Davao or Cebu [ or have it deposited to your account in the Philippines].

Edited by Davaoeno

Got non till next month.

Welcome back!

1 person likes this

I dont want to post how much I am looking for but its a fair bit- otherwise I would just use the local money changers.

It seems that I have to clarify this a bit.

I do NOT expect you to have the usd in cash.  Managers check or wire transfer is fine .  Or a bank to bank transfer .   I am not trying to launder money - i just want to accomplish 2 things. First I want to get a decent exchange rate. And secondly I want to move the money from the Philippines to Canada- something which the banks here make exceedingly hard to do .

I thought, naively it turns out, that I could just go into my  bank here and tell them to exchange my pesos to usd and swift/wire the money to Canada. HAHAHAHAHA    First they wanted me to say that it was for travel expenses- and required me to produce a plane ticket to Canada. Then they wanted proof of what I wanted the money for.  When I said that I wanted to give the money to my kids to buy a condo in Canada they wanted me to produce the Deed of Sale for the condo !!  [ a condo not yet bought, or even searched for ].

This was the case at BDO and at BPI.   HKBC wouldnt even open an account for me ! I have no criminal record so i assume it was because i told them the amount I wanted to deposit .

The funny thing is that when I brought my money into the Philippines from Canada they didnt ask me any questions at all - they were quite happy to receive the monies i sent via Swift to BDO .

1 person likes this

Just yesterday we got the bank draft from BDO for my passport renewal. No acct necessary just 5USD extra. Took an hour and a half of questions and forms and they already had the rules this posted on the wall. When I remarked "all of this for five dollars?" me being a joker, they laughed. When we got PO Box several years ago at PhilPost it was the same. Took all morning even needed my SSA card. It's more fun in the Philippines. In our bank in the states it took about ten minutes to get a bank draft of several thousand and at the USPO for a new box it took even less. :-):-):-)

3 people like this

if your exchanging a lot of money call an exchanger get your best rate have them deposit dollars in your acct here you deposit pesos in there acct. then for $5.00 wire dollars to your dollar acct. that's  BDO charges. not difficult can be done in one day. as of todays rate it will cost you 50.30-50.35 for one dollar

Posted (edited)

Slightly off topic. I am buying USD too.

Yesterday the money changer rate for buying USD was 50.45 (sell 50.20) in Bacolod. Today the mid rate is marginally down so it should be cheaper.

In Makati today the buy USD rate is 50.80 at the Avenue mall (sell 50.10). So a big rip-off compared to Bacolod.  

Edited by dustybookend
typo

15 hours ago, billy said:

......as of todays rate it will cost you 50.30-50.35 for one dollar

Is that a rate from a real money changer?

If so please say who and where. Thanks

BTW the rate in Bacolod that I quoted was from LGB on Areneta st, close to a BPI

Two days ago the best rate I could find was in cebu at Core Pacific in Ayala . the rate was 50.30

then yesterday the usd took a hit , and did again overnight. Today I would expect to buy usd for about  50.15

the rate changes throughout the day . You can usually get the best rate in the am, because the exchangers have to hedge their bets in the pm

for spot bank to bank rates try http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=PHP    You can use them as a guide to see if the currency is going up or down .   Do not expect to be able to buy [ or sell ] any currency at the rates quoted there. 

1 person likes this

i am also looking for usd but i have nothing to trade for them