RR3

13A ACR I-card 10 years from March 1, 2017

45 posts in this topic

Doing my annual today in JMall and then wanted extension of ACR I-card. Officer there told me that from March 1 ACR  is 10 years. Asked me if I wanna come back in March (my ACR valid till April 2). I said Thank You very much, see You in March. I like it. Only one more PITA trip to that saba, bahu piece of my island.

2 people like this

Nice. Hope to see it come to fruition! 

Hip hip hooray if it does!

Does that mean that my current ACR card can be exchanged for a 10 year ACR card starting in March?  That certainly would be a bonus, but how much are they going to charge for a 10 year ACR card?  You can bet it will not be free.  I have no problem paying the fees that are required by BOI.  As a foreigner I am grateful for the privilege of being able to live here.  I am not aware of other countries that allow a foreigner to stay in the country for a full 36 months before being required to leave.  There are countries that require a foreigner to stay out of the country for 3 months before re entry.

Kreole!

I think that RR3 is talking about the 13A ACR-I card, it is 5 years now and it sounds like new ones will be 10 years after march 1 

the tourist ACR-I is now 1 year, why should they extend that to 10 years, when your max stay is 36 months

and for some it is 24 months

Edited by Woolf
3 people like this

when I first got mine there was NO expiration date in 2006 and then they said 5 years I think they just need to generate funds..

Great news as mine runs out in April!!

Cheers!!

10 hours ago, Woolf said:

Kreole!

I think that RR3 is talking about the 13A ACR-I card, it is 5 years now and it sounds like new ones will be 10 years after march 1 

Yes. Permanent visa. Attached visa form and req. Officer said not 100 req will be like this when new rules come in March. It´s more fun...

Visa form_s.jpg

Visa req_s.jpg

When the ACR card program was first implemented, they were going to be good for one year.  This was revised to five years.  However, the card, at the ten year anniversary is replaced.  In fact, when the card is renewed at the ten year anniversary, an additional fee is collected for replacement.  This is the way it is now.

Seems odd they would make a card valid for ten years, since it is a revenue stream for the BI

well the changed the validity of the drivers license from 3 to 5 years and it is not double price

they added a little though, do we know what the fee will be for the new 10 year ACR-I card ?

I wonder how people who got their 13A visas from the Philippine consulate produce an order granting the visa or implementation page since there is none. 

Sounds like a trip to DFA.

Or better yet a hand off to a BI approved law firm.