lamoe

VA exam for trip there

12 posts in this topic

I've posted several times about the great quality of care available in Rockford Illinois  and Madison Wisconsin (60 miles away).  Chicago is one of the worst.

Last week during visit told my primary I'd finally accepted an offer on house - he asked what were my plans - when I told him he said he'd schedule an exam to make sure everything was OK.

Next Tuesday is appointment

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, lamoe said:

I've posted several times about the great quality of care available in Rockford Illinois  and Madison Wisconsin (60 miles away).  Chicago is one of the worst.

Last week during visit told my primary I'd finally accepted an offer on house - he asked what were my plans - when I told him he said he'd schedule an exam to make sure everything was OK.

Next Tuesday is appointment

So ... he will have the staff psychiatrist available for you?  :lol:

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Headshot said:

So ... he will have the staff psychiatrist available for you?  :lol:

Already have one thanks

1 person likes this

On 2/13/2017 at 9:57 AM, lamoe said:

Last week during visit told my primary I'd finally accepted an offer on house

the hardest part for me wasnt selling the house it was getting rid of all the accumulated stuff   

1 person likes this

well you sure wont have to worry about the va here they are fine as long as you don't get sick.... bring money well get money just don't bring it here leave it in usa and remember in most cases every dollar you spend here on investments wont be coming back and if you buy or build a house for say 150,000 dollars expect it to be worth say 80,000 in 10 years..

2 people like this

7 hours ago, goggleye said:

the hardest part for me wasnt selling the house it was getting rid of all the accumulated stuff   

With my wife.......we brought it all over. Two bedrooms upstairs full of stuff. They are our attic.

13 hours ago, goggleye said:

Tell me about it - ex-wife went from a 3,750 Sq Ft place with 2 additional full basements on 1 acre to a 1,650 condo - our kid made out like a bandit with all the furniture / tools / lawn stuff  that didn't sell in garage sale

All my stuff, except for a few things, fits into 3 suitcases

13 hours ago, smokey said:

well you sure wont have to worry about the va here they are fine as long as you don't get sick.... bring money well get money just don't bring it here leave it in usa and remember in most cases every dollar you spend here on investments wont be coming back and if you buy or build a house for say 150,000 dollars expect it to be worth say 80,000 in 10 years..

Don't plan on any major acquisitions - house / condo or wife

I know "plan" it the key word

And we all know that no plans survives contact with the enemy no matter how friendly.

do you have an exit plan for say medical emergencies.

3 hours ago, throttleplate said:

do you have an exit plan for say medical emergencies.

Yes - obtaining travel insurance  before arriving (2 months policy)  by the end of it  I should have decided if I want to stay - as far as exit plan all I will say is money is not a problem - next day 1st class is very doable - same with medical flight if required

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Yes - obtaining travel insurance  before arriving (2 months policy)  by the end of it  I should have decided if I want to stay - as far as exit plan all I will say is money is not a problem - next day 1st class is very doable - same with medical flight if required

i didnt know you were giving it 2 months to decide weather to stay or not. I would give it more like 6 months to a year. I personally dont like the place and tired of all the dog shit on the sidewalks and cockroaches on the store shelves and on and on.

Shadow will be hearing from me hopefully this year or early next year as i am planning my financials and exit stradgety now on bringing the wife back to the usa, she deserves better and a chance to see the usa in a camper as that is my plan to do alot of traveling. Good luck on whatever you decide.

1 person likes this